Ooooh... Charts and Graphs Redux

I’d love to see a steel cage match with 4 desks and mics, a debate between all the modeler CEOs on which product is the best and why

Fractal
L6
HR
QC

Only one leaves alive.

HR is like a sub-brand of some PE amalgamation, so I'm not sure there really is a "CEO" per se. I'll call this a no-show.
QC would schedule it but the arrival would be repeatedly delayed so this is also a no-show.
L6 would be complimentary, talk about their value proposition and how its available at any dealer and probably have some cool demos.
Fractal would bring out graphs and technical data to show why theirs was the best.
Our cult would tear down the cages, physically eat any non-fractal people that were there and then hoist Cliff onto our shoulders and announce him as king. :)

View attachment 89013Latest measurements.

Purple is Axe-Fx III. Blue is a new thing.

Aliasing is especially poor in the high frequencies. Usually the aliasing spectrum is sort of flat (like the Axe-Fx). With this product the aliasing increases with frequency which is odd.

Model used was JCM800. All controls at noon except Presence at zero. Gain was matched.

Healthy boost around 100hz, steady rise from 1khz. Reminds me of a PEQ simulation of speaker impedance curve.

Are you sure this behavior isn't intended?

All I can say is Fractal is a great co. I have the original AxFx. I'm a NH guy and picked it up right at the old shop in Plaistow. Had a new wheel installed maybe 10 years later. FM3 now and never going back to my tube amps & pedals. On the waitlist for FM9 because I'm a big clean, headroom & reverb guy. I think they love work and it shows. Thanks to all at Fractal. I know a bit of deviation from the thread, but showing these curves shows the dedication to excellence and constant move forward.

Take a Capture of the model in the AXE and compare those. Then Tone Match the model in the QC and compare those.

Aliasing is a purely digital artifact. A real amp in the analog domain has no aliasing.

It's starting to make sense.

the-more-you-know.gif

is this using a lower sample rate than the III? just wondering if it's more software or hardware related?

Obviously I knew Fractal.
I still own a DT-25 (has not sold yet) so I know L6.
I've read about QC because of the marketing.
I had to google HR. I was like, who the f is HR? When I figured it out, it made sense.

Are those results supposed to be remarkably bad for the ‘new thing’ compared to Fractal? As in audible in normal use to a large degree?

If so why don’t I hear it since I’m literally AB comparing them daily through the same FRFR and also same tube power amp and guitar cab?

is it possible this is only so disparate with the 800 model? Or is it going to be the same with all models?
Is it the same using captures?

Are those results supposed to be remarkably bad for the ‘new thing’ compared to Fractal? As in audible in normal use to a large degree?

If so why don’t I hear it since I’m literally AB comparing them daily through the same FRFR and also same tube power amp and guitar cab?

is it possible this is only so disparate with the 800 model? Or is it going to be the same with all models?
Is it the same using captures?
Since you don't know what the product is, how can you claim to be comparing it? ;)

Back
Top Bottom