Only one pitch block...Very Disappointed

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm on the waitlist, but was pretty much set on passing on it when my name comes up, because of this alone. So, Ring Modulator, huh? I'll try it on my AX8.

Yes only one pitch block is a bit disappointing. That and the small lettering in the display are the only weak points of the FM9 for me. Hope that a second pitch block will be added in the future.

Last edited:
Using my Axe3...... I set up a Freqout type momentary feedback with one and Virtual Capo on the other.

Kinda miss that.
I dig where you are coming from. I would like the ability to do Whammy & the Capo (if that effect ever comes to the FM9).

Just because you can't think of one doesn't mean there's not one ;)

One common example I see mentioned is drop tuning (with Virtual Capo) plus some other pitch block use like Whammy pedal.

That requires 2 Pitch blocks.
Some synth emulations need 2 pitch blocks....regarding the so very very few times I used that with axe fx 2...really not a problem, couldn't care less.

I think the point here is that having two Pitch Blocks opens up a lot more creative possibilities that go beyond the most popular pitch shifter uses like Whammy etc.

Another example of 2 Pitch Blocks would be where the FM9 is running two independent signal paths, one for each instrument, and each of those instruments wants access to a full Pitch Block's worth of features and routing.

On a different note, it would be interesting to know if the Virtual Capo uses a different algorithm to the Whammy mode. If not, you could just set the Whammy to act like the Virtual Capo but with pitch bends. You could also control the Virtual Capo as a Whammy although i can't remember if attaching a controller to the Capo causes it to shift smoothly or as steps

I think the point here is that having two Pitch Blocks opens up a lot more creative possibilities that go beyond the most popular pitch shifter uses like Whammy etc.

Another example of 2 Pitch Blocks would be where the FM9 is running two independent signal paths, one for each instrument, and each of those instruments wants access to a full Pitch Block's worth of features and routing.

On a different note, it would be interesting to know if the Virtual Capo uses a different algorithm to the Whammy mode. If not, you could just set the Whammy to act like the Virtual Capo but with pitch bends. You could also control the Virtual Capo as a Whammy although i can't remember if attaching a controller to the Capo causes it to shift smoothly or as step
If the new pitch fx in the reverb from the 3
can be added and just do like a micropitch fx w verb off that could technically add another basic pitch shift source

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom