Only one pitch block...Very Disappointed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pitch effects like capo, whammy, octive normally go before the amp where as, when running one amp, pitch effects like harmonizer go after the amp. So if you need both types in the same preset, even if not simultaneously, then 2 pitch blocks are needed, one pre, one post.
Thats why i am hoping Cliff maybe adds a seperate capo/ whammy block for putting in front of the amp

Pitch effects like capo, whammy, octive normally go before the amp where as, when running one amp, pitch effects like harmonizer go after the amp. So if you need both types in the same preset, even if not simultaneously, then 2 pitch blocks are needed, one pre, one post.

Thin Lizzy: the boys are back in town

Just because you can't think of one doesn't mean there's not one ;)

One common example I see mentioned is drop tuning (with Virtual Capo) plus some other pitch block use like Whammy pedal.

That requires 2 Pitch blocks.

This is precisely why I was bummed there weren't two pitch blocks. I have a Whammy on nearly every preset I have because next to delay, it's my favorite effect. I bought the FM9 for gigging with and was going to get in a cover band this year (still might if the Floyd tribute allows enough time) and to be able to use one/two guitars the whole night would have been perfect, without making special presets for them.

Just because you can't think of one doesn't mean there's not one ;)

One common example I see mentioned is drop tuning (with Virtual Capo) plus some other pitch block use like Whammy pedal.

That requires 2 Pitch blocks.
I'm going to make a suggestion that people who like guitar shopping should love: Get more guitars so you have one set up in whatever tuning you need, then skip the virtual capo block.

It's probably cheaper than the price difference between the Axe FX 3 and the FM9.

I'm going to make a suggestion that people who like guitar shopping should love: Get more guitars so you have one set up in whatever tuning you need, then skip the virtual capo block.

It's probably cheaper than the price difference between the Axe FX 3 and the FM9.
I play everything in A 440 standard... And I think this is why most people want it (gigging):

to be able to use one/two guitars the whole night would have been perfect

In any case there are other use cases such as maybe I want a Whammy before the Amp and a Dual Detune after the Cab block.

But hey - I'm all for more guitars!

I play everything in A 440 standard... And I think this is why most people want it (gigging):

In any case there are other use cases such as maybe I want a Whammy before the Amp and a Dual Detune after the Cab block.

But hey - I'm all for more guitars!
The 'Plex-Delay' block (Plex Detune model) can be used as a 'Detune' effect.

Attachments

• Moke's Plex-Delay Detune_20200517_005147.blk
    1.2 KB · Views: 4
Don't get me wrong. I would have loved it if the FM9 would have gotten 2 Pitch blocks, and let the end-user spend their available CPU as they see fit. But, we have to work with the tools that we've been given.

You can sometimes get double-duty out of the Pitch block by using the Send and Return blocks to independently access the Left and Right sides of the Pitch block to process two independent shift intervals, and in different locations in the grid.

Don't get me wrong. I would have loved it if the FM9 would have gotten 2 Pitch blocks, and let the end-user spend their available CPU as they see fit. But, we have to work with the tools that we've been given.

You can sometimes get double-duty out of the Pitch block by using the Send and Return blocks to independently access the Left and Right sides of the Pitch block to process two independent shift intervals, and in different locations in the grid.
This may be sacrilege around here but I think that's one thing the Helix does better: there's no explicit limits on any type of block, just a total limit. You have to manually assign things to each DSP core, but if you want a ton of one specific effect type at the expense of other types, you can do that.

This may be sacrilege around here but I think that's one thing the Helix does better: there's no explicit limits on any type of block, just a total limit. You have to manually assign things to each DSP core, but if you want a ton of one specific effect type at the expense of other types, you can do that.

But then you have to play through a Helix!

YES, I'm kidding around!

I'll ask that we create a wish list for these things. But come on folks, the product just launched, and FAS is working hard to get people thier boxes. Give it a little time before posting 'oh, I'm so disappointed' threads.

Ron

Any updates on the FM9 getting the AF3 pitch block? Haven't seen anything on that in a couple of weeks.

Can't think of a reason why anyone would need two pitch blocks?
I don't know if there's a better way to do this, because I'm still a noob when it comes to creating presets, but I use the Petrucci Rig a bunch, and add a 2nd Pitch block for detuning, and the first one is set as a Dual Detune.

But then you have to play through a Helix!

YES, I'm kidding around!

I'll ask that we create a wish list for these things. But come on folks, the product just launched, and FAS is working hard to get people thier boxes. Give it a little time before posting 'oh, I'm so disappointed' threads.

Ron
Definitely agreed!

Cliff and the team are not the sort to create something then leave it as it is, they constantly strive to improve it, and fit more in. We've seen that again and again. Instead of people second guessing, and armchair engineering, and saying they've gotta have this or else, the appropriate process is to add a note to the wish list sub-forum asking for it, then leave it alone. Others can discuss it there.

Which, BTW @Admin M@, we need a wishlist forum for the FM9.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom