Only one pitch block...Very Disappointed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very disappointed only one pitch block on FM9. Come on, guys!!!!!!!

I've been waiting forever seemingly for the all-in-one board like the AX8 was.

But I won't bother to buy without the second pitch. Guess I'm weird, but I constantly want it.

Seems I use octaver, pitch shifting, and detune a lot but not even the other effects that much.

That's because the pitch shifter is awesome, I can play AiC no problem with no re-tuning needed.
But CAN'T then have an octaver. That sucks. I don't like the "Fixed Harmony" as much as the Octaver sound.

Please fix this guys!!! I'd be SOOO grateful!!

Jim

But I won't bother to buy without the second pitch. Guess I'm weird, but I constantly want it.

Seems I use octaver, pitch shifting, and detune a lot but not even the other effects that much.

That's because the pitch shifter is awesome, I can play AiC no problem with no re-tuning needed.
But CAN'T then have an octaver. That sucks. I don't like the "Fixed Harmony" as much as the Octaver sound.

Jim

The Ring Modulator in Tracking mode makes a great octaver.

https://wiki.fractalaudio.com/wiki/index.php?title=Ring_Modulator_block#Octaver

Jim
Do you use multiple pitch blocks at once? Fm hss For channels AX8 only had 2

I use the Ring Mod over the Pitch Octaver on the III as well as the FM9. I like the way it sounds better.
This is very cool to learn in general. Never freaking heard of that??? Not only a work around but possibly a better option regardless! Win win!

@FractalAudio it would be great to know if two Pitch blocks in the FM9 would actually be possible or if the current combination of available blocks is final.

To add to the OP's request, there are several scenarios where you might want two Pitch blocks:

A Whammy in front of a Quad Chromatic, Quad Diatonic or Crystal Echoes
2 parallel instances of Quad Chromatic/Diatonic/Quad Delay
2 parallel instances of the Arpeggiator
An Arpeggiator in front of any other Pitch type.

I think that the Axe III's Pitch Block is so good and tweakable that it really deserves it's own stompbox to be made. If the FM9's effects are final, then a mini Fractal pedal with a modular effect block choice would be absolutely killer, and could be used as an expansion piece, perhaps as a 'digital insert" in the FM9's grid.

Using my Axe3...... I set up a Freqout type momentary feedback with one and Virtual Capo on the other.

Kinda miss that.

Can't think of a reason why anyone would need two pitch blocks?

Just add an equivalent of the Tim Henson DSP multi pitch effect.

Just because you can't think of one doesn't mean there's not one ;)

One common example I see mentioned is drop tuning (with Virtual Capo) plus some other pitch block use like Whammy pedal.

That requires 2 Pitch blocks.
Valid point, but wouldn't the freqout effect be much more authentic with the ringmod block?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom