Only in Canada...

There is a classic rock radio station here in Bay Area, the DJ from time to time have a segment called "Wacky Canadians" because one of them from Canada, and the other is always poking fun at him, but it the spirit of being funny this is in similar spirit 45 Funny Pictures That Perfectly Sum Up Canada good for a few chuckles, that said one of my best vacations was in Canada!

That is no joke! I knew of a person who hit a Moose and nearly died from the antlers piercing through the windshield.

Yeah, they are all funny and seemingly cute until you crash into something of that size. Too far
south for Moose here, but we have Elk and a motorcyclist about 2 miles from our house hit one on
his Harley. His buddy riding with him witnessed the entire thing. He didn't make it. Deer are dangerous
enough on two wheels, but a Moose or an Elk = lights out!!!

Yea, Canada and moose do go together indeed....:cool:

Years ago, I was out camping with a bunch of friends and took my classical guitar 'off the beaten path' to a quiet clearing to do some playing. I was there for some time, in my own little world, until a rustling in the bush caused me to look up to see....

...a giant, and I do mean giant, male moose standing about 15 feet away and looking placidly, and directly, at me. When you're that close to one you realize how incredibly big and intimidating they can be.

It was very strange, since moose really go out of their way to avoid humans, and are very crafty at doing so. He just stood there, looking as docile as a moose can get lol...I can only assume he was attracted to the guitar and came to investigate.

It was a bit freaky how he was able to 'sneak' up on me like that without any real noise at all until he was very close. I just calmly retreated without taking my eyes off him...and he just calmly turned away and headed back into the deep bush. Was a pretty cool encounter for sure...after my heart rate and breathing returned to normal.

That is no joke! I knew of a person who hit a Moose and nearly died from the antlers piercing through the windshield.

I know several people who've been killed by moose on the highways by running into them, including a very talented, and respected, bass player.

If traveling in Canada, definitely respect the "Moose Crossing" warning signs on the highways/roads. I know when I drive anywhere rural I keep my eyes peeled for them. Their huge size gives them an immensely long stride, and I've seen them about 20 feet in the bush only to take a couple of strides and boom, they are right in the middle of the highway like that. I've had to 'work around' them several times over the years.

I used to make semi regular trips from my current city to home (parents) town which is a 5 hr drive. Lots of winter trips down there and lots of deer in certain areas. At night had to keep your eyes on the ditches for glowing eyes. Deer are so frigging fast

Two Moose

Would it be or would it be two moose's, moosi, or mooses'? 🤔

When I was a kid, growing up in northern Ontario, it was pretty common to see them strolling down the street. Better than seeing them in front of your car on the highway. They are not small and their legs are so long, when a car hits them, the body usually removes the top half of the vehicle...well, you can imagine what else too.

One winter, a large male moose somehow got onto the roof of a small garage...the back of the garage was close to an embankment. At some point it decided it had enough and jumped down off the roof, onto the roof of a car. Totalled the car!

This is a snapshot of a video that was recorded at 5:30 a.m. May 21st of this year. That’s the main street of the town I grew up in, aptly named…Main Street! 😆

25723242-1F21-4751-B5F8-D2065536FE52.jpeg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom