Only 2 reverbs in a preset?

simonp54

Experienced
Im just doing some initial work on presets and layouts etc... added my first path, which includes a reverb.
Then i've added a "spur" off that to another out with another reverb.
I then started building a separate path (for my piano) and went to select another reverb... but none was available as i rotated the value selector...

Just confirmed that with a blank new patch, trying to add the third reverb doesn't do anything... there should be 4 right?

Not all blocks allow 4 instances

Tons of Ax8 users have to make due with “just” one reverb and sometimes not even that

You can emulate a reverb with the delay blocks pretty well if you really need 3 separate pathways with dedicated reverb on each

it's been fairly clearly stated from day one that there are 2 Reverbs per preset. This information (see attached) has been available on the website since before the first product was ever shipped...
AF3 Reverb.png

It wasn't a complaint... it was a question.

By defined i meant in the 3rd party midi spec there are "four" Reverb block numbers "defined", my fault for not having checked that list.

Thanks all.

Perhaps they have left themselves "room for growth" in the midi spec. That would make sense. For example, there is talk of a third amp block, so who knows? Hopefully, you'll get what your after eventually.

Try multidelay block on the Diffusor setting and play with the delay times ( I like anything in the 1-100ms range fo different textures) and you'll get reverb style effect.

Back
Top Bottom