Online Jamming

Jipps0525

Power User
Anyone here do any sort of online jamming with their FM3? I’ve been checking out Jam Kazam and Jamulus and wondering if anyone has had good experiences with those or others. I should be able to use the FM3 as an audio interface right; connect that to my pc and send sound through the pc to an online rehearsal?

I use Jam Kazam a couple times a month, but don't use the FM3 as part of the system. We bring our singer in from about 350 miles away, the rest of us are in my rehearsal space. We have two room mics set up so our singer can hear us, and we route his vocals through the rehearsal PA. Then we throw up a facetime session on a separate computer so we can see each other - video only. It works shockingly well. Some nights we have more latency than others, but it's absolutely doable for us. Using wired ethernet out to 1GB fiber so my end of the connection is solid.

Our singer also does 100% virtual rehearsals with Jam Kazam with another one of his tributes. He's 350 miles away from the rest of that band, who is spread over a 50 mile local radius.

I don't see any reason why the FM3 wouldn't be a good interface for individual Jam Kazam use.

I use Jam Kazam a couple times a month, but don't use the FM3 as part of the system. We bring our singer in from about 350 miles away, the rest of us are in my rehearsal space. We have two room mics set up so our singer can hear us, and we route his vocals through the rehearsal PA. Then we throw up a facetime session on a separate computer so we can see each other - video only. It works shockingly well. Some nights we have more latency than others, but it's absolutely doable for us. Using wired ethernet out to 1GB fiber so my end of the connection is solid.

Our singer also does 100% virtual rehearsals with Jam Kazam with another one of his tributes. He's 350 miles away from the rest of that band, who is spread over a 50 mile local radius.

I don't see any reason why the FM3 wouldn't be a good interface for individual Jam Kazam use.
Nice I have a wired connection with my pc so I’m optimistic. How do I use the FM3 as an interface for something like that? Gonna check the manual now but figured I’d ask here as well haha

Back
Top Bottom