One year review/overview

Has it been a year already? I tried to sum up my feelings on the III, how I've been using it and to give an overview of the new features that have been rolled out through FW updates over the past year. Only gets better and better with this thing!

Great overview video. Leon

Had mine almost 4 months now. Still finding new stuff to blow my mind.

The feel of the amps and their tonal qualities are so close to the real thing, that it has pretty near cured me of G. A. S.

The effects quality and variety is stunning as well. I'm going to have to dig into the harmonic trem you mentioned, as two of my new fave amps are the 6G4 Super and 6G12. Played a real '60 Concert for almost half an hour last Friday, at Guitar Gallery in Scottsdale. It is one of the first run or two with the Bass/Treble/Volume control order, then came home and tried the 6G12 and 6G4 in the Axe. They are so close it's scary.

Last edited:
Reading the release notes all the way back was an eye opener. So much great stuff has been added in such a short time
So true. If you ever find some time on your hands, read through the Axe II Quantum release notes, and then the non-Quantum release notes before that. 30 major firmware releases and nearly a hundred minor firmware releases of nothing but fast and furious development and improvement.

Great history so far. I like you, have used the ultra and it had replaced about 16K US. worth of rack gear. It was amazing how I could make the ultra sound like the H3000D/SE and the amps and cabs sounded fantastic. I got the AF3 in November and have been updating ever since, it just gets better with every firmware update. I printed all the release notes for my use so I can look back and use as reference. It helped me when I would here a preset that did not sound right and I could always look back and see what I did not reset. I never thought the Ultra would be my backup rig, when it was the Vox Tone lab SE about 1 years ago. Thanks again Leon for the video!!!

I remember the days before Leon was able to buy the Axe3. But then eventually the unit became available and Leon has been shinning every since. And you have to ponder some on what Leon brings into the circle to realize we all would be farther ahead if Leon didn't have to wait.

Back
Top Bottom