One Reason To Consider An Axe-Fx II

So many good points of view in this thread.

I don´t blame those who don´t wanna share their presets (whatever reason could be), but on the other hand, as VegasGuitar said, this is a sharing orientated community, so it´s a matter of Newton´s third law of motion: the guy share his sound, but not the preset, and (part of) the community reacts.

Speaking by myself, I´ve done some presets and shared them whenever I´m asked to, but sometimes I get shy when I listen to others presets and compare them to mine :( and sometimes I think my preset is very good but I think: "I did almost no effort to achieve this tone, I see no reason someone else won´t achieve it too, so why should I upload this? Won´t I become a clown up front the community when uploading this?"

No argument if you want a business making profiles, presets, and/or impulse responses. Just don't be a tone tease in a community that has a sharing orientation. Or say up front, "I don't share, but hear my work and what is possible."

It's not realistic to expect posters to provide a disclaimer with their recordings(nor is it necessary), assuming they have no intention of sharing the associated preset(s), namely because it's not obvious to many posters that they should do so. I certainly wasn't under the impression anyone felt it was a requisite. In my opinion, the recording section is just that; a section for posting recordings. There's no obligation to provide anything more. However, if someone posted a recording in the presets section and declined to offer the associated preset, well, that would be a different story.

Back
Top Bottom