One pedal for global volume--how to switch it to another function?

bjjp2

Power User
I use a pedal for global volume. On occasion I'd like to switch over for another use, like controlling delay mix. What's the best way to do this? I don't use scenes by the way. Can I assign a switch that would toggle the pedal from global volume to another function? Thanks.

If you could do that, which you can’t, the problem would be when you switched it back your volume would jump to wherever you left the pedal when you were using it for delay mix or whatever. If your running your volume a say 75, and you switch to delay, lower that to 100 and then switch back the pedal is now at 100 so big volume jump

I’d say just get a second pedal if you want to have one always do a given function. They are pretty cheap and it just makes life so much simpler, know that the right pedal is always controlling volume, the left pedal is controlling effects blend on a patch by patch basis etc

Way easier than trying to remember for a given preset what pedal controls what

If you could do that, which you can’t, the problem would be when you switched it back your volume would jump to wherever you left the pedal when you were using it for delay mix or whatever. If your running your volume a say 75, and you switch to delay, lower that to 100 and then switch back the pedal is now at 100 so big volume jump

I’d say just get a second pedal if you want to have one always do a given function. They are pretty cheap and it just makes life so much simpler, know that the right pedal is always controlling volume, the left pedal is controlling effects blend on a patch by patch basis etc

Way easier than trying to remember for a given preset what pedal controls what

Thanks. I can only fit two on my board and I use another one for a wah. May have to just use a third pedal off the board.

Thanks. I can only fit two on my board and I use another one for a wah. May have to just use a third pedal off the board.
It would be easier to use the Wah pedal for multiple things since it’s not global. Have you tried that?

I use a pedal for global volume. On occasion I'd like to switch over for another use, like controlling delay mix. What's the best way to do this?

Perhaps you already know this... but there are a number of ways of using an expression pedal to control volume, which AREN'T global.
For example, use the pedal to control Vol in the Cab block. If you did that, then you could easily use the same pedal to control delay mix, in another preset. Or, use the pedal to control BOTH.
However, you'd need to set that up in each of your presets.
I've gotten to the point where I basically use just one expression pedal, to simultaneously control 5-6 different parameters in each of my patches. Clean to Scream-type stuff, basically.

SP-2 Mission, or if you can not find one convert an SP-1 to do expression switching instead of single expression with single switch.

I use a pedal for global volume. On occasion I'd like to switch over for another use, like controlling delay mix. What's the best way to do this? I don't use scenes by the way. Can I assign a switch that would toggle the pedal from global volume to another function? Thanks.
You can insert a volume block in your preset and then assign the switch to another function. I do this for wah. But you could do to for another function.

If the discussion is now shifting to what KIND of pedal to use for volume... my vote is overwhelmingly for Fractal's EV-1. EV-2 is almost as good.

A good way for post amp volume is to attach a controller to the level of a cab block. This way you dont need to insert a volume block.

Back
Top Bottom