One output broken?

nascent

Hi, some days ago I started getting problems with the output of my Axe FX Ultra.
On the left output of Output 1 (I only used that one so far) I get digital clipping and a really low output volume.
It got a bit better when making the output volume on the Axe really low and making it really loud on the interface preamps but that's obviously no good solution (and there was still some noise in the background).
I tried everything, including switching all cables, instruments and inputs on the audio interface.
What helped me in the end was switchting to the right output of Output 1. So while this works (and I guess the digital I/O would work too) I wonder if I really blew one of my outputs. Can there be a different reason for that?

Hi, some days ago I started getting problems with the output of my Axe FX Ultra.
On the left output of Output 1 (I only used that one so far) I get digital clipping and a really low output volume.
It got a bit better when making the output volume on the Axe really low and making it really loud on the interface preamps but that's obviously no good solution (and there was still some noise in the background).
I tried everything, including switching all cables, instruments and inputs on the audio interface.
What helped me in the end was switchting to the right output of Output 1. So while this works (and I guess the digital I/O would work too) I wonder if I really blew one of my outputs. Can there be a different reason for that?
hi just asking did you solve your problem and if so could you tell me i have same problem with my ax ultra now as well thank you

if anyone found a solution to this problem, I have the same
think your problem is the connectors on the inside of the unit have become oxidized
there are 4 wire harnesses that run from the main board to the front panel. if you clean all the connectors with a good quality electronics cleaner you will likely solve your issue
a good electronics tech will definatly be able to do this for you
4 harnesses, 8 connections, four on the front panel and 4 on the main board just be sure to replace them in the exact order as they are removed and you'll be good to go
I recommend Deoxit D5
remove all power from the unit also before you open it up make sure not to remove the batterie
when you remove the top lid, be careful as the fan is attached and will need to be unhooked

this is what fractal tech charlie vessey told me i did it myself and it worked, best of luck.

think your problem is the connectors on the inside of the unit have become oxidized
there are 4 wire harnesses that run from the main board to the front panel. if you clean all the connectors with a good quality electronics cleaner you will likely solve your issue
a good electronics tech will definatly be able to do this for you
4 harnesses, 8 connections, four on the front panel and 4 on the main board just be sure to replace them in the exact order as they are removed and you'll be good to go
I recommend Deoxit D5
remove all power from the unit also before you open it up make sure not to remove the batterie
when you remove the top lid, be careful as the fan is attached and will need to be unhooked

this is what fractal tech charlie vessey told me i did it myself and it worked, best of luck.
Any chance you could label the board where you mean to apply the deoxit? I have same issue no audio output 1, I tried applying some to the gold contacts of the 3/4” Jack without any success.

Attachments

• A92D7542-9E1A-4E15-A226-A71837005D6E.jpeg
    A92D7542-9E1A-4E15-A226-A71837005D6E.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 7
Any chance you could label the board where you mean to apply the deoxit? I have same issue no audio output 1, I tried applying some to the gold contacts of the 3/4” Jack without any success.
I just wanted to comment I did resolve it today with deoxit d5 - under the hood there are the 4 black cables: I disconnected each of them one end at a time and gave the metal gold pin connectors and the bottoms of the plastic harnesses with a coating of the deoxit, the cables connect at the motherboard and front panel and I cleaned all 8 pin connectors/harnesses with the deoxit. Closed the top and it and I had working audio again from both output 1 left side (which wasn’t working for me previously) yay now I can play my standard in stereo again! I have a 3 mark 2 turbo now anyway…

Back
Top Bottom