One or two row midi controllers?

Orvillain

Power User
Hi all,

So I got an MFC, but I don't really dig it. Functionally it's all cool. But I don't like the layout, having the three and a bit rows boggles my mind, my feet are big and I keep hitting switches that I don't intend. Feels uncomfortable to use. Just wondering what people out there are using that are one or two row controllers?

I'm seeing the Tech 21 Midi Moose and the Behringer FCB1010. Are there any others I should look at?

Basically I want to turn on/off individual effects, change scenes, and change presets. I don't need to be able to layer up switches or do linked groups or anything like that. So CC's and PC's.

Hi all,

So I got an MFC, but I don't really dig it. Functionally it's all cool. But I don't like the layout, having the three and a bit rows boggles my mind, my feet are big and I keep hitting switches that I don't intend. Feels uncomfortable to use. Just wondering what people out there are using that are one or two row controllers?

I'm seeing the Tech 21 Midi Moose and the Behringer FCB1010. Are there any others I should look at?

Basically I want to turn on/off individual effects, change scenes, and change presets. I don't need to be able to layer up switches or do linked groups or anything like that. So CC's and PC's.

Hi Andy,

+1 on the RJM Mastermind and Liquid Foot.
Having two rows of buttons with LCD labels that change is the ultimate right now.

I own the MMGT-16 and I can't say enough good things about it.
I put all my main functions on the first two rows: I use rows 1&2 for Scenes, Presets, Tap Tempo and Reveal.
I use Row 3 for switching Banks, Tuner and Looper.

I also have a MFC and I really like the scenes. I wanted Scenes on the row closest to my feet and preset's above that.
That's exactly how I have GT-16 set up.
What else is cool is that I have a reveal button set up to jump to the pedal pages.
Press jump to main and I'm back on presets and scenes.
It's a whole new level of control.

One could argue that if your needs are very simple, it is overkill, but talk about total customization.

If you can imagine it, you could pretty much create the layout in the easy to use editor software.

Here's a link to some pics in another post:

http://forum.fractalaudio.com/other-midi-controllers/80638-poll-mfc-vs-liquidfoot-vs-something-else-4.html#75

Last edited:
Check out the Gordius Little Giant. Fairly compact button layout and extremely configurable.

Also, BJ Devices has the TB-12 and TB-5...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m really surprised that there are so few options for a wide controller. I’m currently using a MFC 101 but have been looking at a LiquidFoot JR+ recently. What I’d really want though is something like one of these:

lf_wide_zpsf5796cae.png

The bottom one looks really wide but it’s actually still not as wide as a Pedaltrain Mini. This to me would be a much more convenient configuration. I would most likely go for the top 14 button one and I’d still be able to fit in a AMT EX-50 Mini Expression Pedal next to it on a Pedaltrain Mini.

Yamaha MFC10 midi foot controller might do the job perhaps. (I use one with my Axe-Fx standard for CC's and PC's).

I might just get an FCB1010 and see how I get on. MFC is going back though I'm afraid, it's just too full on and I don't like the switch layout! Blergh. Should've known really, same reason I didn't like the Line 6 M13!

Back
Top Bottom