AFIII One of my favorite lead tones so far for neck pickup

Such a nice surprise to see all the positive comments, I greatly appreciate it!

I've attached the preset for those interested in giving it a go. Some things to note: I use both the noise suppressor gate and the downward expander gate. Be sure to adjust those for your instrument and playing environment as too much can kill the wonderful sustain this patch has. Especially when rolling off the guitar volume. Speaking of which, that's one of the best things to do with this patch! Really touch-sensitive and if your guitar has a treble bleed, you're gonna love the sound with the volume down to 4-5. Also, try using dialing back the input trim. You may find an even better result than using the guitar's volume knob. The whammy is attached to external 2 so, adjust as needed. It uses the clever "Golden Whammy" setting. Regarding Out 1 & 2, I use one for recording and IEM, 2 for FOH. Out 2 has a bit of cut in the lows & highs to tame the Fletcher Munson effect when pushing some volume. This is just one scene, the others were just for experimentation. Hope you guys have some fun with it, let me know how it goes!
Thanks very much for Sharing :)

Very nice! I think I'm hearing some Satriani influence; some elements of the solo section reminded me a bit of "Raspberry Jam Delta-V" from Crystal Planet (some of the legato, whammy, and tapping, along with the upbeat feel of the backing band), but not to the point of being derivative or rehashing. Yours sounded fresh and novel, and was played very cleanly and with great feeling. Very nicely done by the whole band.

Back
Top Bottom