One month with my (new to me) Axe-FX II Mark II

Trio

Bought and received a used Axe-Fx II Mark II about a month ago. I had two Eleven Rack units (main and backup). I had been an 11R user for about 1-1/2 years.

Sold both of them the first week after receiving the AFX. In fact, I knew within the first couple hours after plugging in the Axe that there was really no comparison.

For me, going from the 11R to the AFX was a huge upgrade. I was pretty happy with what I had, but wanted to try the Big Box after reading and hearing so much about it.

My AFX came with firmware version 19 installed by the previous owner. I have been through all the stock presets and have tried out a bunch downloaded for Axe Change. I now have a lot of keepers. I have also made my own presets and have been through the manual a few times. Honestly, the biggest help has been reading postings from this forum. There are several helpful folks here (but you all knew that already).

The reason I’m posting this now is because I installed and tried out Quantum 1.0 today. HOLY CRAP! I thought this unit was great before. Quantum is a grand slam out of the park. Great job Fractal team.

Happy user over and out.

G'day Trio,

It took you a couple of hours to know? :p

I also had Eleven Rack before the Axes so I know what you're coming from. The big difference for me was that I was never even remotely happy with the Eleven Rack sounds I was getting - I remember forcing myself to play the notes - with zero inspiration. Now... I dial in a sound with the Axe FX... then get lost and come out of it hours later with no idea what i was first trying to achieve :)

Anyway - Glad you're enjoying it, like most of us :)

Pauly

Bought and received a used Axe-Fx II Mark II about a month ago. I had two Eleven Rack units (main and backup). I had been an 11R user for about 1-1/2 years.

Sold both of them the first week after receiving the AFX. In fact, I knew within the first couple hours after plugging in the Axe that there was really no comparison.

For me, going from the 11R to the AFX was a huge upgrade. I was pretty happy with what I had, but wanted to try the Big Box after reading and hearing so much about it.

My AFX came with firmware version 19 installed by the previous owner. I have been through all the stock presets and have tried out a bunch downloaded for Axe Change. I now have a lot of keepers. I have also made my own presets and have been through the manual a few times. Honestly, the biggest help has been reading postings from this forum. There are several helpful folks here (but you all knew that already).

The reason I’m posting this now is because I installed and tried out Quantum 1.0 today. HOLY CRAP! I thought this unit was great before. Quantum is a grand slam out of the park. Great job Fractal team.

Happy user over and out.

I still have my Eleven Rack for the Fender'ish tones. Its also a good audio interface for Pro Tools. But it won't replace my Axe FX for everything else.

Eleven Rack was only good with clean tones IMO. I hated the distortion and I used it for a long time and even tried out some of the most popular patches. I sold it of course. Kempers unit is very good but I also sold that in favor of the Axe FX 2. So I went from the Ultra to Eleven Rack to Kemper to Axe Fx 2 and now I am perfectly happy and I love my Axe sooooo much. Seriously though, the Kemper was a great unit and I really respect what they have done.

Eleven Rack was only good with clean tones IMO. I hated the distortion and I used it for a long time and even tried out some of the most popular patches. I sold it of course. Kempers unit is very good but I also sold that in favor of the Axe FX 2. So I went from the Ultra to Eleven Rack to Kemper to Axe Fx 2 and now I am perfectly happy and I love my Axe sooooo much. Seriously though, the Kemper was a great unit and I really respect what they have done.

Sounds similar to me, Eleven Rack to Kemper, now Axe FX 2 XL+ and never been happier, even gone back and re-recorded a lot of the guitar tracks on the songs I'm working on.

Back
Top Bottom