One Minute Brown Sound (Kind of)

Guys like @ProgressiveRocco and @Danny Danzi do a far better job of nailing the nuances and style of early VH, but I put this together quickly to show off how easy and quickly you can get a ballpark brown sound with the AX8 Brit Brown and the new OH GNR Marshall IR's (using the Brown Raw Mixes). Not to go play!

Thanks Leon @2112! Out of curiosity, why pan the reverb to one side and the guitar to the other?

I noticed the Brit Brown defaults to Auth on the Saturation Switch..... that was interesting. I never use that switch. Toggled around between that and the Ideal and off..... There is quite a bit of tonal fun and variation there..... No sure what is going on, but something is...

I noticed the Brit Brown defaults to Auth on the Saturation Switch..... that was interesting. I never use that switch. Toggled around between that and the Ideal and off..... There is quite a bit of tonal fun and variation there..... No sure what is going on, but something is...

IIRC it's basically a switch which mimics the famous "Jose mod" popular on Marshall's in the 80's.

IIRC it's basically a switch which mimics the famous "Jose mod" popular on Marshall's in the 80's.

Most of that stuff is way over my pay grade. It was the first time I think I have even tried the Brit Brown and I played around with the depth, presence, bright, bright cap, saturation switch, and input drive and master volume - with different stock cabs and was pretty amazed at all the tonal variations. Some amps to more and less with these parameters. The Brit Brown is full of surprises. Thanks for the turn on to another amp model and keeping this box a growing wonder of tones.

That's what I recall too. I think the actual mod resulted in a loss of volume for a given group of settings, and that is what the Auth setting does. And I think the Ideal results in the same Jose mod sound but without the volume hit.

But I could be wrong.

Back
Top Bottom