One MFC IA Turn on/off two blocks simultaneously, but...

I have some patches with PITCH2 block and some with ROTARY1 block. I'd like to use the same MFC-101 Mark III IA switch with my AXE-FX II to turn them on and off regardless which one is in the patch. Some patches have PITCH2, some have ROTARY1, no patches have both. Sort of use the same single IA for 'the unique block in the patch' with the LED on that patch showing RED = bypass, GREEN = on. Good so far ?

I've read threads and think I get the general idea how to use an IA switch to toggle two FX or actions at the same. The simple method seems to be IO > CTRL then set the CC for PITCH2 to be the same as the CC for ROTARY1. Works if I am in a patch that has ROTARY1, but not if I am in a patch that has PITCH2. I also tried putting that switch into General mode (function = NONE) and then explicitly programming 2 CC messages on it. Works but cannot trigger the LED.

Is there a method that comes to mind to do what I want and ensure the LED works on or off ?

Thanks!

I think you need to avoid the general-use approach to have the red/green LED.

For Axe-FX mode functions, the selected block needs to be in the preset, as you've noticed. If you set it to a low-CPU block like GEQ, you could put that GEQ instance anywhere on the grid (not in signal path) when Pitch 2 or Rotary 1 is present. This would avoid the greater CPU hit from needing Pitch 2 & Rotary 1 in some presets. The pitch block only uses about 2% CPU in octave divider mode, so you could also consider setting the IA to Pitch 2. (The GEQ block will use something like 0.5% CPU.)

Thanks for the idea Bakerman... works a charm!

I used GEQ4 as my LED on/off block and set the IO>CTRL CC values for the ROTARY1 and PITCH2 to the same value as GEQ4.

Just to followup... setting GEQ4 as previously mentioned to toggle two blocks worked so well...

I just setup GEQ3 to toggle CHORUS1 and QUADCHORUS1 on and off as well. This gives me the option to use either flavor in a patch toggled with the same MFC-101 button.

:cool::p:cool:

Back
Top Bottom