One FC switch to turn a block on, then change its channels

Dave Merrill

Axe-Master
Is it possible for a single switch on an FC to turn a block on, then cycle though its channels and back to off? For example, assuming it's limited to 3 channels, it'd go like this: off, on with ch1, ch2, ch3, off.

Can that be done with one switch on an FC? If so, how?

Each switch has two possible functions: tap and hold. Assign one as the block bypass and the other as channel increment. You can then do both with the same switch, but tapping for one and holding for the other.

Each switch has two possible functions: tap and hold. Assign one as the block bypass and the other as channel increment. You can then do both with the same switch, but tapping for one and holding for the other.
Yeah, but I wanted this whole setup to be the hold function on a scene select switch. Not enough switches on an FC12! ;)

There's no way to do that currently since the press or hold can't change functions like that.

You can connect up to 4 FC-12's at the same time. It's pricy, but you can have an FC-48! :p

With most blocks you could set one channel to 0% mix, 0 dB level.
Right, that's my fallback, was wondering if I'd missed a way to not lose a channel to the bypass state.

Something with controllers maybe? Haven't used them enough to confidently say it can't be done.

Last edited:
What's to stop channel increment on the press function, and on the hold function turn the block off? That will effectively do what you want

Smart bypass won't help with this. That's for switches that select one channel. OP wants to increment through multiple channels plus a bypass state.
Yeah, just re-read that section, looks promising, but no dice.

So I made a Wish thread. (Unofficial, since there's no Wishlist subforum in the FC-12 and FC-6 Controllers section, hope it gets noticed.)

Back
Top Bottom