Implemented One-Click Cabinet Auditioning

ruso

Fractal Fanatic
While the “pin” feature is great (thanks @Admin M@!) for auditioning the thousands of cabinets available, I find it tedious to have to click on every cab name or hit the enter key when using the directional keys to load a particular cab.

A feature I think many would appreciate would be the ability to auto-load a cabinet when the particular cabinet is highlighted. You would simply hit a directional key to advance to the next cabinet and it would automatically load. You could basically sit there playing and advance to the next cab by hitting the down arrow.

I use a similar method in my workflow when sorting through hundreds of photos from a photo shoot: On the Mac, you can highlight a picture, hit the space bar to view the photo using “Quicklook,” and simply use the direction keys to advance to the next photo.

Already possible.

For factory cabs:
select the Cab block, click on "#", and use mouse wheel or cursor keys to scroll through cabs.

For external cabs (from disk):
set Cab block to Scratchpad 1, open Cab Manager, select a map/folder with IR, enable Auto-Audtion, use cursor keys to scroll through cabs.

Already possible.

For factory cabs:
select the Cab block, click on "#", and use mouse wheel or cursor keys to scroll through cabs.

set Cab block to Scratchpad 1, open Cab Manager, select a map/folder with IR, enable Auto-Audtion, use cursor keys to scroll through cabs.

User cabs would fall under that second set of instructions correct?

Already possible.

For factory cabs:

I guess I should have specified the cab picker window. I'd like to be able to press a directional arrow key and advance/go back to the next/previous cab while in the cab picker window without having to press the enter/return key.

Just a quick tip : FracTool, when dropping few cab syx files on the axefx icon will show you an audition dialog where you can select the cab to audition with one click, and more : you can even set it to audition automatically next cab in 5/10 seconds etc...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom