One cab to rule them all

tubelessone

Inspired
Hello all,
I am wondering if you, like me, configure your patches to use one cab and switch the amp for your cleans and dirty.
What works for you in terms of a cab that you can use with say a clean Fender amp, and switch to a Marshall or a Friedman?
Since cab switching in the AX8 isn't pretty, yet, I want to just find a good cab that is suitable for clean and dirty.

:guitar:

@moerker ... switching cabs there's a pop for me.
I am looking to be as fast as turning on an OD pedal when I go from clean to dirty while playing live.
I might be drinking the KoolAid but I've been digging the ML cabs from their YT posts.
Still on the default onboard cabs though.

@moerker ... switching cabs there's a pop for me.
I am looking to be as fast as turning on an OD pedal when I go from clean to dirty while playing live.
I might be drinking the KoolAid but I've been digging the ML cabs from their YT posts.
Still on the default onboard cabs though.

Never had that happening to me. Are you using self-made IRs ?

I use the Celestion IR 2x12 V30 cab mic'd with 57 and 421 for all my guitar sounds, and just switch clean and dirty as scenes in the amp. Most consistent amp modeling configuration I've ever had.

For the most part. I put the low pass down to around 7 or 8k, and bring the high pass up to 80-100Hz, but everything else comes from the Mark IIC+ amp block.

I tried posting a link to the IR, but it wont let me (probably too new still).
thanks, but i was asking if this cab is stock, if it comes on ax8 or is paid

I do a similar thing, different amps but same cabs which adds some consistency between clean and OD tones to me.

Class-A style amps - Factory 122 & 180
Any style amp - Factory 169
Marshall style amps - Factory 54, 55 and 69 are always worth a listen

thanks, but i was asking if this cab is stock, if it comes on ax8 or is paid
Sorry, no. That's why I was trying to post a link to the Celestion IR site. It's pretty inexpensive though. celestionplus.com/product/vintage-30-2x12-closed/

I have used the stock 1x12 V30 cab in the past though with pretty good results too.

Back
Top Bottom