One amp for clean and dirty

tubelessone

Inspired
Hello all,
What are your favorite amp models where you can use one amp and do a X/Y for clean and dirty?
Currently, I have an X/Y on my patches for clean and dirty, i.e., Fender and Friedman, but it would be nice to use just one, so there isn't such a huge difference and all I have to do is bump the input/drive/master, etc.
Thanks!

I use the C++ for this. I can go from clean to full on heavy crunch using this model. I run a volume block in front of the amp block with a scene controller attached to the level. I then vary the amount of level hitting the amp block per scene. In effect the volume block is mimicking my guitar volume knob. For my Lead sounds I just switch to my Y amp (exactly the same amp model and settings) which has the boost and fat switches engaged.

Can you have a clean amp like Shiver Clean on X for scene 1 and then have a friedman on Y for scene 2 and then use scene controllers on the input gain for just the friedman for scenes 2-4 for example? I tried to do it but it didnt work.

I use the C++ for this. I can go from clean to full on heavy crunch using this model. I run a volume block in front of the amp block with a scene controller attached to the level. I then vary the amount of level hitting the amp block per scene. In effect the volume block is mimicking my guitar volume knob. For my Lead sounds I just switch to my Y amp (exactly the same amp model and settings) which has the boost and fat switches engaged.

Cant you just use a expression button for this?

If you are only using one amp, scenes are the best way to go. Go from clean to crunch to heavy rhythm to searing lead by using scenes and scene controllers. Each scene can be adjusted for just the right amount of gain or no gain, volume, etc. Now add some effects, drives, etc. to each scene. Lots of tonal possibilities.

Back
Top Bottom