On which speakers you listen to your Axefx2?

slashy

Inspired
Hello everyone,
I use almost exclusively axefx2 studio because I do not do concerts (or very little).
Here is my question, so I use the axefx2 in FRFR.But I listen to the sound on my monitor speakers Mackie HR624.
What do you think the result is good and favorable? the monitor speakers are good for the FRFR?
The advantage for me is that I hear directly visited my speakers that also serve the mix later in my compositions.
Before, I was recording and I was mixing after.Now, you can have the final sound, almost immediately?
Thank you in advance for your answers.
I would also like to know which speakers you listen to your axefx2 in the recording studio?

I forgot to tell you: I plug Axefx2 directly into my sound card of Pro tools (a AVID HD I/O 8X8X8), and of course, the output of the sound card in monitor speakers.
This is the manner in which i listen to the sound of axefx2.
what do you think about it ?

I use Yamaha HS50m monitors to listen to patches and when I'm mixing.
I use this setup for practical reasons and sound wise.
Axe fx II via spdif to RME fireface 400 and then to my monitors.

Only reason I do this is because I only have to unplug the one spdif cable when using it in studio or live.
And it sounds great with no added audio conversion :)

Axe-Fx II via SPDIF into a Digi 003, then into Pro Tools. Monitors are a pair of JBL LSR2328P with the matching sub. (JBL LSR2310P.) I also have a pair of Mackie HR624 as a secondary pair. These are first generation HR624. I've had them since 2001. Not bad monitors at all, but I prefer my JBL setup. :)

Hey!
AxeII via SPDIF into Delta AP2496 into Pro Tools into Yamaha HS50.
Works very well.
One thing i screwed up on my first Axe-Production, checking the Presets with a Mastering Setup to avoid to much highs.

I use the AxeFx as my sound card for most recording (I rarely mic anything these days). For monitoring, I have a pair of Equator Q8s and Beyer 880s if I'm volume-limited (e.g., late at night).

Hey!
AxeII via SPDIF into Delta AP2496 into Pro Tools into Yamaha HS50.
Works very well.
One thing i screwed up on my first Axe-Production, checking the Presets with a Mastering Setup to avoid to much highs.

For me , it seems that on some presets, i have too much low bass or low mid.

2 x Genelec 8030A with an optional sub bass speaker. I sometimes bring two of them to gigs as stage monitoring when relying on the house system. When bringing my own PA, generic satellites + sub, I don't bring the Genelecs because I know that system well.

I tend to have a slightly skewed approach - well, for a guitarist anyway

All the sound processing we use - without exception - is optimised to sound right through our PA system. We don't use individual backline or monitoring, just the FOH mix sent back through in-ears... so whilst that couldn't really be any further away from standing in front of a full stack hammering it out, it works extremely well for us.

It's a different mindset though and one which is probably born from focusing on the overall sound as opposed to one's individual part. That simply wouldn't do for some guys of course, but hey, we're all good with it :encouragement:

When it comes to playing at home, I don't get the full rack in very often, but when I do, it's the same thing just hooked up to a pair of studio monitors. Again, it sounds great but the downside is that I don't play through the 'nice stuff' at home anywhere near as much I should!

Hehe, liking your new sigpic there, Cover'd :)

I use my Axe through a variety of things, but mostly through my Yamaha DXR15 speakers, works great for me :D

Back
Top Bottom