On which firmware have YOU joined the club?

On which firmware have YOU joined the club?

• Total voters
Mine shipped with 3.something (can't remember). I skipped one or two updates, chickenshit that I am. The oldest firmware I have archived is 4.0

It shipped in early Jan 2008.
Doing searches of the old forum leads me to believe it must've been loaded with 4.xx
I couldn't find a reference to the actual release dates of the various firmware updates.

Chuk said:
I couldn't find a reference to the actual release dates of the various firmware updates.
I keep debating whether to add that to the Wiki Firmware History or not. It'd be a pain to track down all the older updates, especially the ones after the Ultra where there are *two* release dates per version. And back then, Cliff would sometimes not even announce when a new firmware was up, letting the community find it first. Or he'd just randomly announce it in the middle of a thread, usually because it would solve a particular problem the thread author was having. Or it would be announced on some other forum. And JavaJunkie would have to remind him what all got updated. Very random. I miss that. :D

6.06 for me. Skipped the last couple of updates, mainly due to laziness, but 7.00 got me off my arse finally! Should have updated before, coz that lil Eggie is a sweet amp. :cool:

Chuk you got your email on 1/4/08 and I got mine on 1/8/08 so you were probably on 4.08.

It was Jan of 2008 & I think version 4. Version 5 was just about to come out, I believe. I was gonna check the date to be sure, but I cant even find the old forum now.

I got one of the last pre ROHS compliant units.... it arrived with 1.xx and 2.00 was out within days. Nov of 07 I think.

Tedge said:
I got one of the last pre ROHS compliant units.... it arrived with 1.xx and 2.00 was out within days. Nov of 07 I think.

That was 06 man... Time flies huh?

As long as my next ebay action goes well I'll have 7.xx.

If it doesn't go well, can you say Tax Return? Either way I'm getting mine by next month...

Guitar-Tiz said:

If it doesn't go well, can you say Tax Return? Either way I'm getting mine by next month...

About FREAKING TIME MAN!!!!

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

5.01 saved the 19 february 2008 on my laptop.(not sure about the release date but it was of course before)

Guitar-Tiz said:

Good to hear man! Saw that final price for the last auction and it seemed pretty dang decent to me. Wasn't sure if you were thinking of holding out for the Axe-PC or something still. :)
<supersarcasm> Don't worry, everything before 7.00 was a waste of time anyway. </super> :p so you're not really missing anything </sarcasm> :)

First one I downloaded was 3.09, so probably whatever was just before that. I still have them all. Got my Axe in July 07. Getting ready to install V7 in a minute.

godprobe said:
Saw that final price for the last auction and it seemed pretty dang decent to me.

It could have been better, but I don't have very much feedback, as I'm not an avid ebayer, and that can keep some potential big spenders form biding.

godprobe said:
<supersarcasm> Don't worry, everything before 7.00 was a waste of time anyway. </super> :p so you're not really missing anything </sarcasm> :)

:D

And quite a few of those old firmware updates were done because of my own personal nagging. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom