on/off switch for global EQ

JJunkie

Power User
Hi,

I have looked all over the axe and cant find a switch for this. It would be useful to include one (or let me know where it is if it already exists). I have one global eq setting i use approx 30% of the time (otherwise, I use flat global eq). manually setting it to zero and resetting it again seems unnecessarily "stone-age" to me.

Cheers,
JJunkie

Replace the Global EQ with a GEQ block and you can switch it on/off per patch......

thanks for the advice yek, i take it that the on/off feature is not available then - bummer. I have quite a few patches, so manually setting and zeroing the global eq over and over seems like a more attractive option atm.

i wish for a global eq bypass switch.
It makes sense for my situation - I use it for when i play with headphones at night (someone decided to have twin babies in the appartment next door). Does anybody agree with the relevance of this wish? I may be just too lazy for my own good....

Cheers,
JJunkie

JJunkie said:
thanks for the advice yek, i take it that the on/off feature is not available then - bummer. I have quite a few patches, so manually setting and zeroing the global eq over and over seems like a more attractive option atm.

It makes sense for my situation - I use it for when i play with headphones at night (someone decided to have twin babies in the appartment next door). Does anybody agree with the relevance of this wish? I may be just too lazy for my own good....

Cheers,
JJunkie

why don't you set copy out 1 to out 2 to ON (I/O - Audio menu)

and use output A regular and output B for headphones with each their own global EQ

GM Arts said:
IIRC you have half of the switch: I think you can double-click bypass to reset the EQ.

yes you can do that, but IMO the OP wants another solution

voes said:
JJunkie said:

Cheers,
JJunkie

why don't you set copy out 1 to out 2 to ON (I/O - Audio menu)

and use output A regular and output B for headphones with each their own global EQ

Great tip

Back
Top Bottom