On new firmware releases...

Wolfenstein98k

Power User
Whenever there's a firmware drop which requires (or is accompanied by) an update to Axe-Edit, Fractal Bot, etc - could that be included on the new firmware release post?

Or at least mentioned?

I can't count the times a new parameter has been introduced and I've lost a few more hairs trying to find it on Axe-Edit, just to discover there was a new Axe-Edit release unceremoniously debuted along with the firmware!

You can setup Axe-Edit to automatically check for new versions on startup. It's under;

Settings -> Preferences -> Options

The editor release often lags the firmware release by a day or two. Sometimes more.

Thanks :) my main PC in the jam room ain't on the internet though, so that doesn't work for me personally
You could install Axe-Edit/AX8-Edit and Fractal-bot on the internet connected PC you use to download the FW updates on ..... even if a FAS device is not connected they still can be launched and will phone home to check for any available updates

You could install Axe-Edit/AX8-Edit and Fractal-bot on the internet connected PC you use to download the FW updates on ..... even if a FAS device is not connected they still can be launched and will phone home to check for any available updates
Yeah I put the latest on the thumb drive I take into the jam room - it's just that sometimes you need to update Axe Edit and sometimes not, and I'm never sure which, or which version I have, etc.

Just a minor whinge/suggestion! :)

Back
Top Bottom