OMG9 + OMG15

I got to say, I just wiped my FM3 to factory defaults to prep for sale (now I have a FM9) and was going though all of the settings and presets to make sure things are in good order for its next lucky owner, after some testing, I wanted to test using the built in OMG9 as I was using the original config from back when @Patzag launched it, so awesome to have that OMG9 built in the onboard reset menu! I'm sure people apricate being able to add it in and return to normal quickly. in other words thanks! 💕

I got to say, I just wiped my FM3 to factory defaults to prep for sale (now I have a FM9) and was going though all of the settings and presets to make sure things are in good order for its next lucky owner, after some testing, I wanted to test using the built in OMG9 as I was using the original config from back when @Patzag launched it, so awesome to have that OMG9 built in the onboard reset menu! I'm sure people apricate being able to add it in and return to normal quickly. in other words thanks! 💕
To give proper dues: OMG9 was and remain's @Admin M@'s creation.
My contribution was "OMG3", inspired by Matt's creation, which allowed a similar functionality when the FC6 was not attached.
Yes, having OMG9 as a built in option is fantastic.

My contribution was "OMG3", inspired by Matt's creation, which allowed a similar functionality when the FC6 was not attached.
You know what, it just dawned on me that I've been using your OMG3 for quite a while now, and have totally forgotten to thank you for creating it. So thank you very much! I've since modded it a bit to fit my needs, but I really appreciate the groundwork, which was a great starting point for me to start familiarizing myself with all the switching capabilities of the FM3.

You know what, it just dawned on me that I've been using your OMG3 for quite a while now, and have totally forgotten to thank you for creating it. So thank you very much! I've since modded it a bit to fit my needs, but I really appreciate the groundwork, which was a great starting point for me to start familiarizing myself with all the switching capabilities of the FM3.
+1

Someone can explain me what is OMG9 OMG15 please?, I'm lost.

So I am trying to load the OMG9 layout and in following the above video, I see that on my FM3 Edit, I don't have the same buttons that are shown. In the upper right hand side, I don't have an FC Controllers button....mine says FC Edit. My FM3 is brand new and I just downloaded the editor. What am I missing? Also, I inadvertently tried to use Adobe to open the layout file and now I can't get the file to open. Is there a way to change that so Adobe is not the default? Any assistance is appreciated....

I don't have an FC Controllers button....mine says FC Edit.
Use FC Edit.

My FM3 is brand new and I just downloaded the editor. What am I missing? Also, I inadvertently tried to use Adobe to open the layout file and now I can't get the file to open. Is there a way to change that so Adobe is not the default? Any assistance is appreciated....
Open the layout file from FM3=Edit.

You can also load the OMG layouts directly from the FM3 front panel in the FC Controllers menu. No file download needed.

OMG9…I am sure it is user error…. I do not use the looper…
Per the manual…. I would like to have switch 3 effects operate like the center switch…where the hold function takes you to view 2…? Is this possible…. No matter what I try the looper comes up…

OMG9…I am sure it is user error…. I do not use the looper…
Per the manual…. I would like to have switch 3 effects operate like the center switch…where the hold function takes you to view 2…? Is this possible…. No matter what I try the looper comes up…
The OMG9 layouts are… deeper magic.

In FC Edit, layout 8, click switch 2 and look at the hold function's assignment, then click Edit Links on the right side of the window, and look at the lower section of the window that pops up, in the HOLD: Layout section. That's where the magic is happening, as a layout link that fires after the normal hold occurs. You'll want to make switch 3 do the same thing.

OMG9 and OMG15 take advantage of the layout links a lot in order to control the front panel's switches and those on the FC-6.

Before you make any changes export all the layouts to your drive so you can revert if you make a mistake. Layouts are global, and changes to them occur immediately, and there is no "undo". Having the exported layout is a very useful safety net. You can export/import the layouts by clicking the Edit drop-down next to "LAYOUTS" in the top-left corner of the window.

OMG9 is a great jumping-off place to learn more complex FC programming. @Admin M@ did a wonderful thing figuring it out and making it available and the initial thread when he introduced it is good reading.

Last edited:
I received my OMG9 setup this week. For the life of me I cannot get this to work properly. Is there someone - anyone - that I can pay to help me get this thing setup the way I want it? I will gladly pay you for your time. I have a show this Saturday and I need this to work. Please e-mail me at epidemika82@Gmail.com if you can help.

Thank you so much!

I received my OMG9 setup this week. For the life of me I cannot get this to work properly. Is there someone - anyone - that I can pay to help me get this thing setup the way I want it? I will gladly pay you for your time. I have a show this Saturday and I need this to work. Please e-mail me at epidemika82@Gmail.com if you can help.

Thank you so much!
It'd work better if you started a new thread and answered the following questions. We're happy to help but we have no idea what you are having problems doing.

• By "OMG9 setup" are you talking about an FM3+FC6 combo?
  • Have you connected them with an XLR cable?
  • Have you powered up the system and navigated to Setup > FC Controller > Reset using Page >>, then scrolled down to the second entry for the OMG9, and pressed the Enter button?
  • There are threads discussing how the layout works, and documentation for it. Have you read those?
  • What about the layout isn't working?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom