OMG9 layout and scenes 7-8

Sixstring

Legend!
Ok, so I have been trying to figure out how to label and uncover scenes 7-8 in the OMG9 layout on the FC-6. I was on the phone with Greg Summers (orion3277) who was gracious enough to talk with me for quite a while and he was kind of stumped as well, it was late for him being on the East coast and me on the West coast. He was a real sport for going the extra mile... Thanks again Greg!

Not having much luck and being late I said that I would post up the question here to see if anyone else has conquered to problem.

With the OMG9 layout in the scenes mode you only get to see scenes 1-6 on the FC-6. We were trying to figuerout how to assign a (More>>) button to the scene 6 or upper right button on the FC-6 to oncover scenes 6-8 in view 2.

Has anyone done this yet or is it even possible? The UI is a little daunting for the way my brain works, I thought this would be a simple point and right click dropdown menu for assignments but that is not the case.

I use a slightly modified OMG9, and I don’t think I’ve changed it, but I believe holding switch 1 and 3 on the scenes layout of the FC6 takes you back and forth between 1-6 and 7-8

FC6 has two switch jacks, 1+2 and 3+4, so you can connect a tiny pedal having two momentary switches for scenes 7 and 8. Another 3+4 jack may have another tiny one for up,down preset purposes. I do that way.

With the OMG9 layout in the scenes mode you only get to see scenes 1-6 on the FC-6. We were trying to figuerout how to assign a (More>>) button to the scene 6 or upper right button on the FC-6 to oncover scenes 6-8 in view 2.

Has anyone done this yet or is it even possible? The UI is a little daunting for the way my brain works, I thought this would be a simple point and right click dropdown menu for assignments but that is not the case.
No need to jump through those hoops. You can already get to scenes 7 and 8.

1) Make sure you're in Scenes mode.

2) Now press and hold the Scenes footswitch. When you release it, there are scenes 7 and 8, along with Tap Temp and three Per-Preset buttons to program as you please. :)

3) To get back to scenes 1-6, just tap the Scenes button again.

Spend a few minutes with the PDF that comes with OMG9. It'll show you everything you can do with it.

No need to jump through those hoops. You can already get to scenes 7 and 8.

1) Make sure you're in Scenes mode.

2) Now press and hold the Scenes footswitch. When you release it, there are scenes 7 and 8, along with Tap Temp and three Per-Preset buttons to program as you please. :)

3) To get back to scenes 1-6, just tap the Scenes button again.

Spend a few minutes with the PDF that comes with OMG9. It'll show you everything you can do with it.

That’s right. The “more scenes” Function of the FM3 in OMG9 is the one I deleted (in favor of tap tempo) and I get to 7-8 on the FM6 instead.

No idea and it’s hard for me to simulate on the fc-12. It’s not a big deal to revert to 1.03 but worth a shot (I would For myself - for peace of mind) just to see if it is a firmware issue.

Hi Guys.
1. Check that the FC Config has FC6/FC12 Compatibility mode OFF.
2. On FM3 Edit, Enable FC Controllers Mode and go to Layout 8.
3. Select Switch 5 and click on LAYOUT LINKS. The HOLD function should show on FC#1 - Layout 2, View 2.
If that's not the case then you probably messed with the settings and best would be to reload OMG9.

But you have to make sure the Compatibility mode is OFF as stated in Number 1 above.
It's not a firmware issue. I'm running a Beta of 1.04 and no issue there.

Hi Guys.
1. Check that the FC Config has FC6/FC12 Compatibility mode OFF.
2. On FM3 Edit, Enable FC Controllers Mode and go to Layout 8.
3. Select Switch 5 and click on LAYOUT LINKS. The HOLD function should show on FC#1 - Layout 2, View 2.
If that's not the case then you probably messed with the settings and best would be to reload OMG9.

But you have to make sure the Compatibility mode is OFF as stated in Number 1 above.
It's not a firmware issue. I'm running a Beta of 1.04 and no issue there.

That was it! switch 5 was in the wrong view.

Back
Top Bottom