OMG9 ish FM3/FM6 setup for AX3/FM12

Michael Glenn

Tough week. After a year of waiting it turns out I was never officially on the FM3 waitlist. Doh!

I was so looking forward to the OMG9 setup when I got the FM3 invite.

I’m confirmed on the FM3 waitlist now! At this point it’s anybody’s guess when my name will come up.

Plan B

so, if I bite the bullet and get an AX3/FC12 is there an OMG9 ‘ish’setup for the AX3/FC12 (OMG12)?

could one use the ‘read me’ file on the OMG9 download to accomplish this manually?

Any insight is appreciated.
MikeG

I'm sorry to hear about the mix up with the FC waiting list! I hope you get what you need soon either way.

I think what makes the OMG9 setup have it's magic is that it's using two foot pedals together- one to control what's showing up on the other- and so using an FC12 doesn't have quite that- but that said, it's an incredibly flexible and powerful foot pedal, and it's hard for me to imagine that you'd be disappointed using an FC-12- there are still plenty of ways to set up the 12 so that you can have easy and fast access to the Presets, Scenes, and Effects (like the OMG9 setup has).

Since the OMG9 system uses Views, the simple answer is no. There are no Views for FC-12 because a View is a "subset" of the possible 12 buttons which the FC-12 has full access to.

As mentioned, there is a lot of power and flexibility with the FC-12 and multiple layouts.

I'm sorry to hear about the mix up with the FC waiting list! I hope you get what you need soon either way.

I think what makes the OMG9 setup have it's magic is that it's using two foot pedals together- one to control what's showing up on the other- and so using an FC12 doesn't have quite that- but that said, it's an incredibly flexible and powerful foot pedal, and it's hard for me to imagine that you'd be disappointed using an FC-12- there are still plenty of ways to set up the 12 so that you can have easy and fast access to the Presets, Scenes, and Effects (like the OMG9 setup has).

If I understand all thIs, the multiple functions each button does (can do) with the OMG9 setup with the FM3 and FC6 can be done with a AX3 and FC12?

How the AX3 with FC12 accomplishes this is just a matter of programming?

9 total buttons on the OMG9 FM3/FC6 setup, 12 total buttons on an AX3/FC12 setup.
3 extra buttons on the AX3/FM12 setup to do something clever

Do I understand all this?

the AX3 is way more powerful (and expensive) than I need plus the from factor (rack unit/floor footswitch) is not my first choice but I’m at the bottom of the waitlist 🥺

MikeG

You could get close with a pair of FC6es, I think....

That said, the FM3 and the AxeFX3 both have 9 layouts, right? With adaptation of how they are used, and thinking of the 12 as a 6 with both views visible at all times, I think you could achieve a similar result.

It may be a while because you just got on the waitlist, but nothing's stopping you from getting FM3 / FC12. Then you've got 15 buttons.

Back
Top Bottom