OMG setup for FC12?

Conley Shepherd

Experienced
Just seen Coopers setup with OMG and it looked really sweet. How likely is it that the OMG will be available for the FC12 at any time? I love that FM2/FC6 setup

Reactions: jon
I guess with the AXE FX III and the FC12 - we could program something similar? I don't have a FM3, but loved those button combos. Maybe split the FC12 into dual FC6 mode? Don't know how hard that would be. Maybe a nightmare...

Was just wondering - thank y'all for the replies!

I guess with the AXE FX III and the FC12 - we could program something similar? I don't have a FM3, but loved those button combos. Maybe split the FC12 into dual FC6 mode? Don't know how hard that would be. Maybe a nightmare...

Was just wondering - thank y'all for the replies!

Possible, yes. Just some customization in the editor depending on what exactly you're hoping to achieve.

this is my first time actually trying to program the fc12 so it may need some work.

This is very much a first draft so obviously backup before you try this!

And this will overwrite ALL of your layouts

Select 'Import ALL Layouts' in AXE edit and give it a go and please let me know if it works for you!

Attachments

• OMG 12.fclayout
    93.3 KB · Views: 39
In response to that second post from @Heckcat here is the layout I shared to the facebook group, but yes @Admin M@ is right in that you could use the standard layouts and be fine. I just took the idea of the OMG9 and modified it for my liking. I added some preset up/down, tuner/tap, and removed the "more" switches since I had the real estate.

Attachments

• all-layouts_OMG15.fclayout
    78.2 KB · Views: 30
Can you guys put up a video of the FC12 OMG? Maybe include some programming and setting changes?
I could probably do one, but a lot of it would be personal preference and how i modified it to my own tastes. Filming the FC-12 or anything with scribble strips can be a challenge so it's easiest to screen record FM3 edit and show you. If that is good enough I might be able to do one later today and upload it here unless @DandoBaggins gets to it first.

yeah, the scribble strips don't photograph well. I would be using it for an Axe FX III so the FM3 would be slightly different. No rush and no hurry for me, just another thing to do that I want to check out. :)

Thank you for the reply though. I may get around to checking the layouts. Chris said that the same would work for the FC12 - would only need to specify 12 button instead of 6. I will check out that rabbit hole a little later. :)

yeah, the scribble strips don't photograph well. I would be using it for an Axe FX III so the FM3 would be slightly different. No rush and no hurry for me, just another thing to do that I want to check out. :)

Thank you for the reply though. I may get around to checking the layouts. Chris said that the same would work for the FC12 - would only need to specify 12 button instead of 6. I will check out that rabbit hole a little later. :)
Yep. Should be very easy to get it to the 3. I have that as well and could import it over there and see how it goes. I had to remove several of the OMG9 switches for it to make sense on the 12. Didn't need the >>more switches or some of the hold functions. I added a tuner and tap tempo to each layout and that was about it. I also changed the Preset layout to match my current list of presets so they all showed up on the 12 switches the way I wanted to see them. Currently I only use a max of 5 presets (when I gig).

using the omg12 here... seeing one issue.

Im on preset 397. The right 6 buttons on the fc12 in preset mode look correct and show the presets around #397.

But if i hold buttons to go up/down a bank, it immediately brings my presets back to 001 and starts as "59 bass guy". I do have the bank size set to 6.

Any ideas?

Back
Top Bottom