Omg layouts…Setting the fm3 “effects” button to per preset.

I would love to be able to change the FM 3 “effect” button to go to “per preset” layouts. The only problem is when I do so, it doesn’t go to the appropriate per preset layout for the preset I’m on. Is there any way around this? I love using the per preset layouts so I can have a different pedalboard in a different order for each preset. It’s great because I use different effects in a different order on each preset and the “effects” button layout (page 3) is static so it wont have the appropriate effects for that preset.Is there a way to set the “effects” button on my fm3 omg9 layout to accss per preset? When i do, it it stays on the same per preset layout no matter which preset I’m using. I currently use press and hold from any scene to jump to per preset and that always accesses the proper per preset layout. What I would like to do is choose a preset then press “effects” and jump to the per preset page (for the preset I’ve selected). Any suggestions?

I would love to move some effects around on my OMG9 - hesitant since I know not what I may screw up.
Export all your layouts in FM3 Edit to your computer. If you mess something up, just load back the ones you exported. There's nothing you can screw up bad enough that can be reverted one way or another. Experimentation (with a proper backup plan) is the best way to learn.

How are you setting up different per preset layouts?
In FM3 edit I just select the desired preset, select the “per preset” tab, and set each button for the desired effect toggle on/off function. I set each scene button (FC6) in that preset for the “hold” function to go to per preset and the new layout appears (and each effect is labeled perfectly) (when I hold the scene button). However, if I set the fm3 “effects” button to go to per preset, it always goes to a particular per preset layout, ignoring the preset Im actually on.

The Per Preset layout has placeholders for different Per Preset # slots. Set your per preset switch assignments up on the corresponding PP# to put that action in that particular layout position. The actual switch layout does not change per preset, it is shared by all of them. What changes is what each PP# slot actually does in each preset.

If you've got a FC-6, you'll have a Per Preset layout like this.

(PP#4) (PP#5) (PP#6)
(PP#1) (PP#2) (PP#3)

The location of each of those PP# slots will be the same for all presets. So, for example, if you want the bottom right switch to be for Delay 1 bypass for the current preset, make sure you set the tap function for PP#3 to delay 1 bypass.

Don't change the function of the actual switches in the Per Preset layout. Those need to stay assigned to their respective PP# slots. Change the per preset switch functions in the Per Preset menu instead. If you don't see a list of 24 available PP#'s and their tap and hold functions, you're in the wrong spot.

Thanks, I just want to press “effects” on the fm3 to jump to the apropriate layout for the preset I’m using at that moment, then when I change presets and hit “effects” on the fm3, it would jump straight to that newly selected per preset layout. I’ll dig around and see if that works. Thank you mr_fender

Using the omg9 fm3/fc6, would it be possible to press the fm3 “effects” button and it woulf know which preset I’ve selected on the fc6 (so it could jump the fc6 to that preset’s per preset layout)?

Back
Top Bottom