OMG I just bought an XL

Says they're in stock on the site?! I'm going back and forth on whether to get the XL or the II but if the XL isn't in stock I might have to wait...

Congrats, BTW! You stoked? You hyped?! You going a little nuts right now and didn't sleep?

I know you'll be tearing out your skin waiting for it to arrive! Received mine a month ago, and have been very happy with it (now I won't have to sell my kidney on the black market to afford all these awesome amps & FX!)

Just pushed the button to pre-order an XL.
Nervously excited because it's a lot of cash but I'm pumped to get my hands on this baby.

ETA is mid Feb, can't wait.

Greatest invention for Guitar in my lifetime I am 53

Congratulations invest in really good flat response speakers
and do become familiar with Own hammer and FAS cab IR's.

Invest in great flat response speakers and cab packages
read through FAS OWNHAMMER REDWIRES even local members
have made some cab packs narrow down what you use most
buy those if you find the larger cab packs float your ship buy those..

I bought ownhammer and I wont ever have time to listen too them all
but you can set up audition loading in everyone if you liked and play a looped phrase
and swap cabs every time that went round and hear most all the cabs...

Thats a quick way to audition those cabs and speakers.
and you hear the same thing consistent same phrase
so you get used too that and know when something great hits you
you save that make note of those cabs...

same for all efx cabs amps mic's You will accumulate alot in a months time and over a year
if you constantly were learning tunes adding them too sets then you might fill 511 patches up
leaving 512 for test bed.

You force habit of saving into library and axe edit and you can save it every week backing it up.
Print it monthly for hard copy and for certain each year overall and backing it all up.

In a years time you would have quite a bit saved.
You would master the machine by hands on using it.
If you learn it on front of machine with and without axe edit
then you can do it without a screen or laptop.

Not a bad idea to know both. axe edit is great though and now in 17.4 you have more options.
tone power eq you can go in and choose tubes tone stacks speakers mics ect.
so utilize axe edit and save things to library and everything you do save anyway
save to library and name it accordingly there.

You will thank me later. back it all up weekly and print it.
have many ways of backing it up. printed copies are nice for 3 ring binders !

back axe and mfc up several places just in case.

You made the right choice celebrations are in order.....

Last edited:
Says they're in stock on the site?! I'm going back and forth on whether to get the XL or the II but if the XL isn't in stock I might have to wait...

Congrats, BTW! You stoked? You hyped?! You going a little nuts right now and didn't sleep?

Yeah, super excited.
Andrew at Independent Music confirmed the ETA as 16th of Feb (but is hopeful they may arrive earlier), but they might not have updated the product info page. But from the Fractal product overview page the XL has a "pre-order" but and not an add to cart. So I'll wait patiently.

G'day Sean,
Mate.....that's going to be the absolute best thing you've ever bought. You have some good studio monitors or quality pa speakers?

Pauly

Yeah, super excited.
Andrew at Independent Music confirmed the ETA as 16th of Feb (but is hopeful they may arrive earlier), but they might not have updated the product info page. But from the Fractal product overview page the XL has a "pre-order" but and not an add to cart. So I'll wait patiently.

Cheers everyone, I'm really excited.
I've been contemplating the Fractal path for quite a while and now that I've moved into an apartment it seemed like the only way forward.
It's such a help having so much info and so many recordings to check out on the forum, so thanks to you all for helping to make my decision an informed one.
So many great youtube clips helped as well.

I'm currently running a Fryette Pittbull CL100 and a Fryette Deliverance 4 x 12.
I also still have my first good amp, a 2 channel Mesa Dual Recto from around 1999/2000.
Thankfully I was able to save enough without selling my tube amps, now I can try out the digital way forward but hang on to my amps for at least the time being.

Feeling very fortunate to have everything the AxeFX has to offer while hanging on to two of my dream tube amps.

P.S. My sleep patterns are fine regardless of my excitement, It was 9.18pm local time when I posted. But thanks for looking out for the new guy.

G'day Sean,
Mate.....that's going to be the absolute best thing you've ever bought. You have some good studio monitors or quality pa speakers?

Pauly

Hey Pauly.

I've got cubase 6 and a pair of Yamaha MSP5A studio monitors for the home setup.
Not gigging at the moment but hoping to get some guys together to do shows with the material I'm working on. Thinking I'd like to go frfr live. Got a mate who runs an Ultra through an Atomic CLR, so I'll try that out.
Also wouldn't mind trying something like a Mackie HD1221 or similar.

Back
Top Bottom