OMG 9 without FC-6: How to use the 3 switches by themselves

Actually, what LAYOUT is showing these presets?
Layout 1? (on FC6)
I don't have my machine fired up right now, but it looks like you did not trigger the right layout.
Be sure to start with Layout 8 on the FM3 and then press PRESETS. See where that takes you and let us know.

Yeah everything seems right but it won’t show 6 presets. It was showing 6 presets on omg 9 prior to installing the “omg3” (layout 4,6,7Just doesn’t seem to want to change back. See pics of that helps.

Attachments

• 09C97811-6175-42FF-95CB-EFAF23AD4664.jpeg
    09C97811-6175-42FF-95CB-EFAF23AD4664.jpeg
    98.7 KB · Views: 38
  • 15E022F1-2AAE-48E8-8CE3-E7AF837F3DBE.jpeg
    15E022F1-2AAE-48E8-8CE3-E7AF837F3DBE.jpeg
    78.2 KB · Views: 37
  • 774379A8-8565-4294-A29D-B56A9C9E3AB8.jpeg
    774379A8-8565-4294-A29D-B56A9C9E3AB8.jpeg
    98.3 KB · Views: 34
  • 25CC6FEB-B7D1-45F6-9354-12B3BFC2D660.jpeg
    25CC6FEB-B7D1-45F6-9354-12B3BFC2D660.jpeg
    86.8 KB · Views: 34
Yeah everything seems right but it won’t show 6 presets. It was showing 6 presets on omg 9 prior to installing the “omg3” (layout 4,6,7Just doesn’t seem to want to change back. See pics of that helps.
Pix don't help when you can't read the displays. :)

What would help is a screen shot of the Presets layout.

Do me a favor and export, using FM3 Edit, your entire layout system and post it here. Then I can try to see what the bug is.

Do me a favor and export, using FM3 Edit, your entire layout system and post it here. Then I can try to see what the bug is.
Thank you very much. You’re all very kind to lend support. I will do so tomorrow morning. Is it fairly easily to do I guess? I’m a little bit new to working with the fractal stuff via computer.

Thank you very much. You’re all very kind to lend support. I will do so tomorrow morning. Is it fairly easily to do I guess? I’m a little bit new to working with the fractal stuff via computer.
NP.
Just export all layouts on FM3 edit using the LAYOUTS, Edit drop down menu and attach them. You can also just PM them to me and I'll look at it and see what's up.

Just read this and imported the layouts and done the settings - was quite easy.
Great work - i think i will use this from now on.
Intuitive and practical to use.

Does this layout need any changes to work well with Austin Buddy's presets? Thanks

I just put CS2 in the first view of the effects layout to have immediate access to a boost in all scenes. If you plan to leave the presets untouched I would also put the Drive 2 block in that view

Hey folks! Thanks @Patzag for this layout- I'm finding it super useful.
I have one tweak that I can't quite figure out. When I go to the home screen, and hit presets, it takes me to the preset screen as it should. But the current active preset is assigned to which ever foot switch is numerically correct. Instead, I would like it to put the current active preset in the middle foot switch position every time so that I have immediate access to the preset before and after with a single tap.
It might be easy and I'm missing it, or it might be impossible. But I thought I'd ask and see if anyone has an idea. Thanks!

Hey folks! Thanks @Patzag for this layout- I'm finding it super useful.
I have one tweak that I can't quite figure out. When I go to the home screen, and hit presets, it takes me to the preset screen as it should. But the current active preset is assigned to which ever foot switch is numerically correct. Instead, I would like it to put the current active preset in the middle foot switch position every time so that I have immediate access to the preset before and after with a single tap.
It might be easy and I'm missing it, or it might be impossible. But I thought I'd ask and see if anyone has an idea. Thanks!

Not possible. The switches are configured as Preset in Bank (1, 2 and 3). The banks are in steps of three. (If Bank size is 3).
The FC has no way of knowing which preset you're on at the time you select that layout.

You may have to move them so they all line up in one bank...and have your main preset the number 2 preset in the middle....

I moved three presets to have a preset line up with two others.

Not sure if that was your exact question but it gave me all three on the home preset screen.

Last edited:
@Patzag Was trying to decide if I should get out my Morningstar MC6 or spring for a new FC6. Glad I stumbled upon your post. Looking forward to giving it a whirl this weekend!

Back
Top Bottom