OMG 9 without FC-6: How to use the 3 switches by themselves

I love this layout. Change a bit the effect selection according what I must use and I will really like to replace the amp level +/- with threshold increase/decrease for the noise gate on the input block...

Is this doable?

Bump... any idea if this is possible?

It’s the only thing I can think I need that I don’t have in this layout

Works great!

It would be cool if you could save multiple schemas on the unit for quick easy recall.

What I mean by schema is.. the factory setup is one 'schema' (overall layouts setup, incl bank size and initial layout on boot).

If you load up this OMG3 setup Patzag gave us in this thread, that's a new 'schema'.

We already have a built-in function to "reset to factory layouts and settings". It would be cool if we could flip back to OMG3 again just as easy. Toggle back and forth.

Even better if we could save more schemas. You might use different schemas for different bands or playing situations. Or maybe you have an FC6 and set up OMG9, but sometimes you only want to take the FM3 along to the gig so you want to quickly recall OMG3 setup.

I realize we can export/import layouts via the editor, so we can manually change schemas reasonably easily.. but saving on-board the FM3 for one-click recall would be awesome.

Even better, it would be great if the FM3 could auto-detect whether an FC6 is connected or not automatically switch between OMG9 and OMG3 as appropriate.

Yeah, this is really good thank you!! Is there a way to set upper and lower bank limits with wrap, like on the Ax8? I can't seem to locate it.

OK I have my 3 gig presets saved to slots 411 through 413. I cannot set my upper bank limit higher than 170?
Not sure what I have done wrong. How are you guys handling this? Sorry for all the babysitting, thank you very much ( I'm aaaaaaaaaalmost there!)

OK I have my 3 gig presets saved to slots 411 through 413. I cannot set my upper bank limit higher than 170?
Not sure what I have done wrong. How are you guys handling this? Sorry for all the babysitting, thank you very much ( I'm aaaaaaaaaalmost there!)
Why is that a problem? If you have a Bank Size of 3, 170 banks takes you up to preset 510.

Someone please talk me through this process. Having trouble with fractal bot not recognizing the 3 "layout" files above. Thanks in advance.

You don't use Fractal Bot, you use FM3 Edit. (Gimme a few to get to my laptop so I can get you details).
For whatever reason the original "Layout 4" file downloads as an Internet Explorer file....I'm feeling pretty stupid right about now...lol Guess I need a dummy version for a step by step.

For whatever reason the original "Layout 4" file downloads as an Internet Explorer file....I'm feeling pretty stupid right about now...lol Guess I need a dummy version for a step by step.

I'm assuming you're on Windows. If so, try using Chrome or Firefox to download it. Hell, even Edge would be better than Internet Explorer, which should be taken out back to the shed, shot, and buried.

What you want to end up with is the file FM3 Only (Layout 4).fclayout. Once you have that file, you want to open up FM3 Edit, and go to FC Controllers:

Screen Shot 2020-07-19 at 2.30.19 PM.png

Then, select Layout 4, hit the Edit dropdown, and choose Import Current Layout:

Screen Shot 2020-07-19 at 2.36.59 PM.png

Click OK on the confirmation that says it will overwrite the current layout.

Select the downloaded FM3 Only (Layout 4).fclayout file and click OK. It'll take a little bit to complete.

Then, do the same for the other files, except selecting Layout 6 and Layout 7 respectively. The downloaded *.fclayout files will have the intended layout in their filename, just match those up when you import and you should be good to go.

Thank you !! I could have sworn that the fractal bot was needed so that all 394 presets would automatically be configured for this awesome OMG for FM3.

Curious if anyone has rearranged the tuner in this layout? I love the overall layout; however, two holds and a click to get to the tuner (and then two more clicks to get back to the scene you were on) can be too much to navigate in between song changes. I tried adding tuner access within the Scenes menu, though am still looking for a better spot. Maybe I will try scenes View 2 next. Thanks.

Last edited:
Curious if anyone has rearranged the tuner in this layout? I love the overall layout; however, two holds and a click to get to the tuner (and then two more clicks to get back to the scene you were on) cab be too much to navigate in between song changes. I tried adding tuner access within the Scenes menu, though am still looking for a better spot. Maybe I will try scenes View 2 next. Thanks.
My personal preference is for the system to boot on the Tuner page directly. I tune at the beginning of the set and then that's it.
I have a Parker Fly so tuning again mid set is rarely required! If I need to tune, then I re-navigate to that utility page.
If you have to access the tuner often, then I suggest using an external switch and set it to the tuner function directly.

That’s it .....I am loading this tomorrow, LOL.
Had my first out with the band and while my “scheme” worked okay....I would love for better.

I take it I can export my current layouts ?.....I REALLY need to get back to where I am now If it doesn’t work for me.
Cheers

This thread is representative to me of so very many threads on this forum, threads which fly so far beyond my understanding that even asking a focused question seems extremely difficult for me. I would like to try, however, and please -- no offense is intended towards the OP:

Although I have never tried to do it, the user manual leaves me with the impression that the foot-switches can already be programmed from within the Edit Layout page to control pretty much any function the user wants. If that is indeed the case, I just don't understand what is being shared with these custom foot-switch layouts that wasn't already an option in the FM3?

This thread is representative to me of so very many threads on this forum, threads which fly so far beyond my understanding that even asking a focused question seems extremely difficult for me. I would like to try, however, and please -- no offense is intended towards the OP:

Although I have never tried to do it, the user manual leaves me with the impression that the foot-switches can already be programmed from within the Edit Layout page to control pretty much any function the user wants. If that is indeed the case, I just don't understand what is being shared with these custom foot-switch layouts that wasn't already an option in the FM3?
To answer your question, consider this second question:

The FM3 can already be programmed to make pretty much any sound the user wants. When someone offers a custom preset, what is being shared that wasn’t already an option?

Back
Top Bottom