OMG 9 without FC-6: How to use the 3 switches by themselves

Can anyone make a quick video on how this would work ? I am interested...but have a hard time envisioning it....the factory setup seems ok ?
Hey Teddis

3 minutes to load these up. I did export my layouts, not that I changed very much, but just for peace of mind. Using the PDF it is really easy to follow. Of course, you can use as much or as little of it as you like. Very intuitive my friend!

So of course I have a question.... Been told to use a layout I do not use for setting up stand in switches. I guess that still applies? I used layout 7 before the FM3 Alone. So I can pick any otrher one and not screw this up?
Thanks

So of course I have a question.... Been told to use a layout I do not use for setting up stand in switches. I guess that still applies? I used layout 7 before the FM3 Alone. So I can pick any otrher one and not screw this up?
Thanks
You would have to edit the FM3 Alone layouts extensively to keep using Layout 7 as your stand-in switch layout. Far easier to export your Layout 7 and copy it on another free layout. Or just create 2 or 4 new stand-in switches. Couldn't be more than that!

You would have to edit the FM3 Alone layouts extensively to keep using Layout 7 as your stand-in switch layout. Far easier to export your Layout 7 and copy it on another free layout. Or just create 2 or 4 new stand-in switches. Couldn't be more than that!
OK. I figured that. I only used 7 because it was a layout I never would use. So I'll pick another. I am really enjoying your FM3 alone layouts.

Just tried these layouts for the 1st time. Very well done. There's an amazing amount of flexibility in this little box if you can wrap your mind around how it all fits together. Still a work in progress for me. :cool:

Works great!

It would be cool if you could save multiple schemas on the unit for quick easy recall.

What I mean by schema is.. the factory setup is one 'schema' (overall layouts setup, incl bank size and initial layout on boot).

If you load up this OMG3 setup Patzag gave us in this thread, that's a new 'schema'.

We already have a built-in function to "reset to factory layouts and settings". It would be cool if we could flip back to OMG3 again just as easy. Toggle back and forth.

Even better if we could save more schemas. You might use different schemas for different bands or playing situations. Or maybe you have an FC6 and set up OMG9, but sometimes you only want to take the FM3 along to the gig so you want to quickly recall OMG3 setup.

I realize we can export/import layouts via the editor, so we can manually change schemas reasonably easily.. but saving on-board the FM3 for one-click recall would be awesome.

Works great!

It would be cool if you could save multiple schemas on the unit for quick easy recall.

What I mean by schema is.. the factory setup is one 'schema' (overall layouts setup, incl bank size and initial layout on boot).

If you load up this OMG3 setup Patzag gave us in this thread, that's a new 'schema'.

We already have a built-in function to "reset to factory layouts and settings". It would be cool if we could flip back to OMG3 again just as easy. Toggle back and forth.

Even better if we could save more schemas. You might use different schemas for different bands or playing situations. Or maybe you have an FC6 and set up OMG9, but sometimes you only want to take the FM3 along to the gig so you want to quickly recall OMG3 setup.

I realize we can export/import layouts via the editor, so we can manually change schemas reasonably easily.. but saving on-board the FM3 for one-click recall would be awesome.

Perhaps once we find out what the other USB port is for maybe we'll be able to carry a thumb drive with our presets, user cabs and layouts? Pretty please??

Works great!

If you insert these layouts into OMG 9 (which does not use them), then all you have to do is set the default to Layout 4 and make the preset bank 3 and you'll be in FM3 alone mode.

Revert to Layout 8 as Default and bank size 6 and you're up and running with the FC 6 in OMG 9 mode.

No need to reload layouts.

Works great!

Your schema idea is good one. But the beauty of OMG3 is that it fits right alongside OMG9. So you can choose either one with ease.

Now if it were just as easy to choose between OMG3/9 and your own custom schema...

I love this layout. Change a bit the effect selection according what I must use and I will really like to replace the amp level +/- with threshold increase/decrease for the noise gate on the input block...

Is this doable?

Back
Top Bottom