OMG 9 without FC-6: How to use the 3 switches by themselves

You can definitely achieve the same functionality as the OMG9 layout with the Morningstar MC-6, you'll just have to work out the programming of it separately through midi commands instead downloading the layouts natively through Fractal's editor.
Maybe. If the MC-6 is able to respond to the FM3’s layout messages. But those are sent via FASLink, not via MIDI. So maybe not. ;)

Maybe. If the MC-6 is able to respond to the FM3’s layout messages. But those are sent via FASLink, not via MIDI. So maybe not. ;)
Interesting. I would have thought you could send a message over MIDI for the Mc6 to toggle pages when the FM3 layout changes. I’ll download the Mc6 manual and dig around before buying.

Can anyone make a quick video on how this would work ? I am interested...but have a hard time envisioning it....the factory setup seems ok ?

Can anyone make a quick video on how this would work ? I am interested...but have a hard time envisioning it....the factory setup seems ok ?
Even better: download the layouts and see how they work. They’re free, and it’s a simple matter to go back to the factory setup if you want to.

I plugged my FM3 into my computer last night for the first time with FM3 Edit.

Mind Blown!!!

Man, the views for the layouts make the 3 switch options unbelievable.

Having only 3 foot switches was a big turnoff coming from the AX8. Not Anymore!

It really helps me to see what is going on looking at the editor as I change Layouts & Views.

Fractal = Amazing!

So I have tried to load these and guess I don't fully grasp things.....how do i reset everything back to Factory?

To reset to factory, go into SETUP (press on knob E), Press ENTER, Press Page right >> 8 times, Press Enter.

I do suggest you follow the simple instructions in this thread and give this system a shot. it is very intuitive - after a few minutes of usage.
But if not, the above procedure takes you back to the factory settings.

To reset to factory, go into SETUP (press on knob E), Press ENTER, Press Page right >> 8 times, Press Enter.

I do suggest you follow the simple instructions in this thread and give this system a shot. it is very intuitive - after a few minutes of usage.
But if not, the above procedure takes you back to the factory settings.
Patzag, I got you, I love the setup...I just didn't import them into the places you said...instead of their respective Layout 4, 6, & 7....I put them on 1, 2, & 3. it's just an OCD thing...so I wanted to go factory layout and then follow your instructions again.

Patzag, I got you, I love the setup...I just didn't import them into the places you said...instead of their respective Layout 4, 6, & 7....I put them on 1, 2, & 3. it's just an OCD thing...
There’s stuff that won’t work right if you don’t load them into the right layouts.

Back
Top Bottom