OMG 9 without FC-6: How to use the 3 switches by themselves

First of all thanks for spending the time to create this, and to answer user questions. Much appreciated!

Reading through this thread but haven't loaded anything yet. I came upon this response of yours and I am a bit confused. Currently I only have the FM3, no FC-6 or FC-12 yet. I thought this solution was for users who didn't have added foot controllers. For me, without any additional foot controller, is this not something I should use, or will it work for me also?

Sorry if this is a dumb question, and also sorry if it is asked and answered further in this thread. I will continue reading now.
@Rex answered well. I will add that I used this layout for years without the FC6. I found it easy to use and it covered all my bases.
Have at it and test it. If you don't like it, revert to the factory layouts or roll your own!

@Rex answered well. I will add that I used this layout for years without the FC6. I found it easy to use and it covered all my bases.
Have at it and test it. If you don't like it, revert to the factory layouts or roll your own!
Thanks! I have read through the entire thread now and am at my FM3. So I will give it a try now. I appreciate the help.

You’re right. This is for people who have the FM3 only.

What @Patzag was saying is that both this and OMG9 are made so they can live together in the same machine. That makes it so people who do have an FC can be ready for times when they have an FC connected and times when they don’t.
Thanks, as I just wrote to Patzag, I have read this entire thread and am ready to give it a try.

Reactions: Rex
One more question:
I am working with the OMG3 now. Very nice. This is probably another dumb question: When I select preset and play with the preset a bit, then want to change to another preset I get a message on the FM3 screen saying to hit Enter or Exit. Once I get this message on the FM3, even if I select Save in FM3-Edit, the message doesn't go away. Even if I try to hold down SW2 to get home, the message doesn't disappear. The only way to get it to go away is to go to the FM3, not FM3-Edit and select either Enter of Exit on the FM3. Can you tell me what I am doing wrong? Thanks!

One more question:
I am working with the OMG3 now. Very nice. This is probably another dumb question: When I select preset and play with the preset a bit, then want to change to another preset I get a message on the FM3 screen saying to hit Enter or Exit. Once I get this message on the FM3, even if I select Save in FM3-Edit, the message doesn't go away. Even if I try to hold down SW2 to get home, the message doesn't disappear. The only way to get it to go away is to go to the FM3, not FM3-Edit and select either Enter of Exit on the FM3. Can you tell me what I am doing wrong? Thanks!
Describe exactly what you are doing - all key/button presses.

Describe exactly what you are doing - all key/button presses.
Here is an example:
I am at Home from SW2
I select SW1 (Preset)
I then see the Scenes for the preset
From here I hold down SW2 to get back to Home
From Home I select SW1 for Preset again
I know see the Presets in the bank I am in, showing the preset I was just in
I select SW2 to change presets
I now get the message I mentioned and I can't change presets, or do anything as I described earlier. Even if I save from FM3-Edit the message remains

Not sure if this helps you or not. I do appreciate the help. I must be doing something stupid as this seems pretty basic what I am doing so I must not be following the process correctly.

When you select SW1 (Presets), this does not (or should not) send you to Scenes. It should send you to the Preset page so you can select a preset. I suspect the layouts might've been loaded in the incorrect location.
Can you reload following the instructions exactly and see if that handles it. If not, I'll help you debug it.

When you select SW1 (Presets), this does not (or should not) send you to Scenes. It should send you to the Preset page so you can select a preset. I suspect the layouts might've been loaded in the incorrect location.
Can you reload following the instructions exactly and see if that handles it. If not, I'll help you debug it.
I will check this a bit later, but I appreciate the help. I am fairly certain I loaded the files into the correct location, but .....

When I first turn on the FM3 the message FM3-Only Layout 4 shows on the bottom of the FM3 screen.
If I select PRESETS from here I see the same message and the PRESETS no appear in the widows above the switches. So far this seems correct.
From here if I select any switch I get the error message mentioned in my post above.
I did reload the layouts and they are in the correct location. There must be a setting I am missing?
I also checked and when I press longer as instructed on SW1 or SW3 I get the correct funtionality and messages, meaning FM3-Only 3 Layout 7 and FM3-Only 2 Layout 6
Further, when I select SCENES from a PRESET and press and hold SW3 for MORE, I see the message FM3-Only 3 Layout 7
Further, when I select EFFECTS from a PRESET and press and hold SW3 for MORE, I see the message FM3-Only 2 Layout 6

Last edited:
Hmmm. OK. What firmware are you on?
Try to Upgrade All Presets. I suspect that you have PROMPT ON EDITED PRESET CHANGE turned on in Global settings and as you load a preset that was not saved, it prompts you to save it.

Hmmm. OK. What firmware are you on?
Try to Upgrade All Presets. I suspect that you have PROMPT ON EDITED PRESET CHANGE turned on in Global settings and as you load a preset that was not saved, it prompts you to save it.
I am running the current beta, 8 I believe. I will do what you suggest in a bit when I am back at the FM3.

I am running the current beta, 8 I believe. I will do what you suggest in a bit when I am back at the FM3.
I had already upgraded the presets (all) when I installed the beta as I believe that was needed. I just changed the PROMPT ON EDITED PRESET CHANGE and that seems to have fixed the issue. It is correct that unless I press and hold SW1 or SW3 from HOME, I shouldn't see the FM3-Only 3 Layout 7 or FM3-Only 2 Layout 6 messages? Basically, as long as I am working wihin FM3-Only Layout 4, meaning PRESETS-SCENES_EFFECTS, I am using the features you created for the FM3 Only.
Thanks for the help. I can now begin actually using the OMG3 to create a better playing experience.

Whenever you press a switch, there's a short prompt which shows the effect of the switch you pressed. That's true regardless of what the switch does except Scenes and Presets.
Once you start with Layout 4, no matter what you do, you'll be within the FM3-Only scope. And LongPress switch2 will bring you "Home".
Glad you're up and running.

Whenever you press a switch, there's a short prompt which shows the effect of the switch you pressed. That's true regardless of what the switch does except Scenes and Presets.
Once you start with Layout 4, no matter what you do, you'll be within the FM3-Only scope. And LongPress switch2 will bring you "Home".
Glad you're up and running.
Thanks again. I really, really appreciate the help!

Back
Top Bottom