OMG 9 without FC-6: How to use the 3 switches by themselves

Patzag

Fractal Fanatic
A brilliant application was created by @Admin M@ to integrate the FM3 with the FC6. He dubbed it the OMG9 and it is really a killer app that allows much flexibility in using these 2 units together.

Some users have commented that this does not include a way to operate the FM3 without the FC6 and so Matt issued the "challenge" to use the unused layouts to create "FM3-Alone" that would allow access to all presets, all scenes, at least 3 effects and looper functions.

Based on the same philosophy of a HOME screen which then allows the user to then go to presets, scenes, effects, looper or utilities such as Tap Tempo and Tuner, I programmed the FM3 Alone system using Layouts 4, 6 and 7. There is still room on layout 7 and all of Layout 9 if someone wants to expand on this.

But here is my brief descriptive of the system, as well as a PDF of the layouts, and finally the layout themselves. If you load this on top of OMG 9, the only manual changes you will need to make are:
  • set Bank Size to 3
  • manually load Layout 4 OR make your default layout 4.

The design of the FM3-Alone switching system is based on the OMG-9 philosophy of having the FM3 operate as a home-base for the FC-6, but obviously without an FC-6.

Layout 4 - View 1 (abbreviated from now on to L4V1) is the HOME state.

On every layout and view of the FM3-Alone system, Swich 2 (Sw2)-Hold reverts back to the Home state.

Just like on the OMG 9, HOME offers Presets, Scenes and Effects on the tap switches.

Sw1-Hold sends to a Utility view and Sw3-Hold to the Looper.

Once a switch is pressed and we land on another layout or view, the principle remains the same, no matter which view one is on:
Sw2-Hold sends one Home, Sw3-Hold sends to additional options.

On some views, Sw1-Hold allows for a change of channel (Effects) or further navigation (Scenes), additional functions (Looper) or bank change (Presets).

Of course users without an FC 6 can also use this. But unless you modify the various links and switch assignments, you'll need to use specifically Layouts 4, 6 and 7.

Enjoy!

EDIT: PLEASE SEE THIS POST TO OPERATE OMG 3 WITH BANK SIZE 6
https://forum.fractalaudio.com/thre...emselves-to-do-everything.161070/post-2030463

Attachments

• FM3 Only 2 (Layout 6).fclayout
    9.5 KB · Views: 808
  • FM3 Only 3 (Layout 7).fclayout
    9.5 KB · Views: 667
  • FM3 Only Layouts.pdf
    849.7 KB · Views: 2,031
  • FM3 Only - Layout 4.fclayout
    9.5 KB · Views: 355
Last edited:
tried importing this , all was good Patzag layout replaced the defaults , all was working fine but then I changed presets and lost it back to all the factory defaults .thoughts??

tried importing this , all was good Patzag layout replaced the defaults , all was working fine but then I changed presets and lost it back to all the factory defaults .thoughts??

1. Make sure you loaded the layouts in their proper slots - ie: Layouts 4, 6, and 7.
2. Set the bank size the 3.
3. Ensure you have set your default boot layout to 4. (This is done in Setup>FC Controller>Devices> Set FM3 Startup Layout to 4.

There should be nothing else to do. Step one above is the KEY step. If you load this into the wrong layouts, it will not work.

1. Make sure you loaded the layouts in their proper slots - ie: Layouts 4, 6, and 7.
2. Set the bank size the 3.
3. Ensure you have set your default boot layout to 4. (This is done in Setup>FC Controller>Devices> Set FM3 Startup Layout to 4.

There should be nothing else to do. Step one above is the KEY step. If you load this into the wrong layouts, it will not work.

Thanks Man , it was the load default that was issue works like a charm now ,To anyone else w Fm3 , you have to try this :)

Is it possible to use something like a Morningstar MC-6 in lieu of the FC-6 for this. I'm interested from a 1> size standpoint and 2> Cost.

Could someone post a quick video of this....and why it’s KILLER :)
love to see it it action !

i finally got it installed and it works great
if you check the PDF that explains it basically you can get everywhere
from presets scenes effects looper
tuner tap temp all using just 3 layouts

with a Home button on every layout to get you back to the starting point

its just a very well thought out system
when you start creating your own workflow

Oops. Sorry, wrong thread. I meant the OMG-9 setup with the Morningstar instead of the FC-6.
You can definitely achieve the same functionality as the OMG9 layout with the Morningstar MC-6, you'll just have to work out the programming of it separately through midi commands instead downloading the layouts natively through Fractal's editor. When I eventually get my FM3, I'm going to try and make everything work with just a Mission TT-2 for a couple extra switches (probably View Up and View Down), but if I find it too limiting, my backup plan is the Morningstar as well.

I think the FM3 and FC-6 is a killer combination, but I want to have my unit mounted along with my GLXD6 wireless and my DigiTech FreqOut (potentially an expression pedal, too, although I've been getting by just fine without one on my AX8 board) and that's just too much real estate unless you go with a crazy custom board. I already have a Pedaltrain Classic 1 with a hard case that I intend to stick with for my FM3 rig, so if I really need the extra switch functionality, I think the MC-6 will be the perfect choice.

Back
Top Bottom