OMG 12 on an FC-6!

Patzag

Fractal Fanatic
I love the OMG 9 for FM3 so much that I made an OMG 12 system for my Axe III with FC 12. Now my FC 12 is gone for some needed repair and here I am stuck with using the Axe III with FC6. Well, that created a problem I had not foreseen, so I went to work and made an OMG 6 that gives me the functionality of the OMG 9,12, whatever - with just an FC6.
This system is SO versatile, there's almost nothing can't be done with it.

Anyhow, here it is for you. It works with the FC6 and with the FC12. Select Layout 8 for OMG12 as your starting layout or Layout 7 for OGM6 setup.
As usual in my setups, Switch 2 hold brings you home.
When I get a little extra time I'll make a PDF of the layouts. In the meantime, experiment and have some fun!

Attachments

• OMG 6:12 - PZ.fclayout
    93.2 KB · Views: 67
Cool, thanks for sharing. I wonder how well this will adapt to my 6LOL6 controller arrangement....
20200920_162326.jpg

Cool, thanks for sharing. I wonder how well this will adapt to my 6LOL6 controller arrangement....

If I had 2 FC 6s arranged like yours I would probably handle it a different way. Just because of the distance between board.

I love the OMG 9 for FM3 so much that I made an OMG 12 system for my Axe III with FC 12. Now my FC 12 is gone for some needed repair and here I am stuck with using the Axe III with FC6. Well, that created a problem I had not foreseen, so I went to work and made an OMG 6 that gives me the functionality of the OMG 9,12, whatever - with just an FC6.

Anyhow, here it is for you. It works with the FC6 and with the FC12. Select Layout 8 for OMG12 as your starting layout or Layout 7 for OGM6 setup.
When I get a little extra time I'll make a PDF of the layouts. In the meantime, experiment and have some fun!
Thanks for the work.

I'm looking at the OMG 12 layout and noticed that switch 5 has a hold pointing to OMG 6 in almost every layout. Hows come? Is that a backdoor to get back to OMG 6 in case someone was set to OMG 12 and then connected up an FC-6?

Kinda similarly, the hold for switch 2 in layout 2 is pointing to Scenes 2, as is the hold for switch 6.

From what I can tell I could remove the redundancies without stripping the atmosphere from the earth, but I want to make sure, not like the last time I made that mistake.

I'm wondering if there's deep magic and knowledge afoot, or just the sort of thing I'd do and not see it when putting it together?

Hey Patzag
can you explain the difference between OMG3 OMG9
in the OMG 6 design
reason ,I am considering get another AX3 but love the OMG setups like you , wondering if 6 is enough to get to things without a ton of tap dancing
thanks

Short answer:
OMG 9 uses the FM3 3 switches to "control" the FC 6 so you can select which layout you want - Presets, Effects, scenes, etc.
OMG3 does all of that (within reason) on only the FM3 3 switches.
OMG 6 poses as an FM3 and when the desired layout is selected then "becomes" the FC6 like in OMG9. There will definitely be an added switch stroke compared to the OMG 9.
But it was very workable until my FC12 came back. Using the FC12 is very comfortable.

Thanks for the work.

I'm looking at the OMG 12 layout and noticed that switch 5 has a hold pointing to OMG 6 in almost every layout. Hows come? Is that a backdoor to get back to OMG 6 in case someone was set to OMG 12 and then connected up an FC-6?

Kinda similarly, the hold for switch 2 in layout 2 is pointing to Scenes 2, as is the hold for switch 6.

From what I can tell I could remove the redundancies without stripping the atmosphere from the earth, but I want to make sure, not like the last time I made that mistake.

I'm wondering if there's deep magic and knowledge afoot, or just the sort of thing I'd do and not see it when putting it together?
Lol!
Not sure. I don't have my rig set up right now. But feel free to experiment and if you break it, reload it! That's part of the fun!
I'll take a look when I can.

Short answer:
OMG 9 uses the FM3 3 switches to "control" the FC 6 so you can select which layout you want - Presets, Effects, scenes, etc.
OMG3 does all of that (within reason) on only the FM3 3 switches.
OMG 6 poses as an FM3 and when the desired layout is selected then "becomes" the FC6 like in OMG9. There will definitely be an added switch stroke compared to the OMG 9.
But it was very workable until my FC12 came back. Using the FC12 is very comfortable.
So i amp guessing you use a main
home page. Thats Presets scenes
effects , looper etc
then hitting each of those buttons
opens that layout w the hold on 1 of. The switches returning HOME from each layout
i am guessing for simplicity the OMG9 and OMG12 both will have a greater advantage of less steps and an easier path to get where you want to quicker would that be correct ?

Lol!
Not sure. I don't have my rig set up right now. But feel free to experiment and if you break it, reload it! That's part of the fun!
I'll take a look when I can.
I’m just using it with the FC-12 so I cleaned out the things that confused me.
I just have a single button that says “More” left. :)

So i amp guessing you use a main
home page. Thats Presets scenes
effects , looper etc
then hitting each of those buttons
opens that layout w the hold on 1 of. The switches returning HOME from each layout
i am guessing for simplicity the OMG9 and OMG12 both will have a greater advantage of less steps and an easier path to get where you want to quicker would that be correct ?
Yes. My HOME switch is always Switch 2 Hold. It's a stable datum so that no matter which configuration I use, the same switch takes me home.
Honestly, it is so fast to select a layout that it never bothers me. OMG6, OMG12 and OMG9 are comparable because you have to select a layout and then use the selected layout. The main difference is that with OMG 12 and 9, you can SEE both the controller and the "controllee".

Back
Top Bottom