Votes: 19 82.6%
  • Olympics

Votes: 4 17.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

stratamania

Fractal Fanatic
The Olympics starts in a few hours.

For me guitars, music and gear discussions win out over sport unless 16th notes at 200 bpm + count as sport :)

Keep the posts coming on the forum here.

Anyway will you be playing more or less because of the Olympics ?

The only sporting events that compete for time with playing guitar are Red Sox games. On the bad side, there's 162 games a year + the postseason. That's a lot of time. On the bright side, baseball is a game where you can watch with a guitar in your lap and just noodle while you watch. (For the most part.) I loved the Olympics when I was a kid, but it hasn't been on my radar for a long time.

I may watch one competition or another, but if I want/need to do something guitar-related, Olympics won't hold me back.
There are other sports (compared to Olympics) I prefer watching though.

Well, I'm watching the opening ceremony, which is quite a spectacle. I did make sure that I got this evening's practice in before it started at 21:00 UK, but I will undoubtedly be playing a little bit less over the next few weeks.

I live for both so i could not cast a vote. :)

I was fortunate enough to play in a couple of Paralympic Games (2 weeks after Olympics in same venues) and there is nothing like playing for a crowd of 18,000 as some of you Rock Stars might know. I have to tell you, it was a definite highlight of my life to come out of the tunnel in Atlanta Opening Ceremonies to the sound of 80,000 chanting USA!

These athletes work their asses off for many years for that one couple minute shot at glory and it’s great to see compared to some of the spoiled brats we see these days in professional sports.

With that said, I was just as thrilled the day I first played a full song (Cortez the Killer) as I was receiving my Bronze (yes we choked big time :eek:ops) medal. It’s ALL GOOD!

After steroids supposedly made it into the olympics I quit watching. Personally I would rather play guitar or watch some kind of power sport.

The Red Sox aren't are playing over 162 games.

Nope. Not this season. Not even with the addition of another wild card team per league this year. They should've never let Francona walk out the door. He wasn't perfect, but when compared to Bobby V....well, do I really need to finish this sentence? LOL

Well, I'm watching the opening ceremony, which is quite a spectacle. I did make sure that I got this evening's practice in before it started at 21:00 UK, but I will undoubtedly be playing a little bit less over the next few weeks.

Yes, caught some of the opening ceremony myself as the TV was on, quite spectacular. Rowan Atkinson was very funny.

Back
Top Bottom