Olympics closing ceremony.

Xrocker

Fractal Fanatic
Damn, Brian May just rocked the world again. Too bad he uses so many fx :)

Watching the spice girls with the sound turned off I was trying to figure out which one was Old Spice?

Paprika?... you know... the one with the "tats"... but aren't they all Old Spice now? They gotta at least be dating guys that use Old Spice. :D

If I remember correctly, the Spice Girls used to tour with a pretty badass band... including the likes of Greg Howe and Thomas Lang (I think).

My wife got the stink eye from me when she complained that Brian May should just "play one of his songs and get on with it" while he was playing his opening solo.

When the Spice Girls came on I Wikipedia'd them. Largest selling female group of all time. I bet they had a badass band with that budget. I had no idea. It's amazing what a wasteland pop music can be. I completely ignored them and will probably go back to ignoring them after this brief fact finding intermission.

I was in high school when the Spice Girls were the biggest thing around, and dated a girl who was in love with them. I even got dragged to that damn Spice World movie. Relationship didn't last. :) HOWEVER, they looked damn good then and I think they still looked damn good last night. Particularly "Posh" and "Baby" Spice. Damn, I'm ashamed I still remember who was who.

I am REALLY pissed off Muse got cut, not to mention the crap with delaying the Who and the other bands they cut. NBC really does suck. We're stuck with them until at least 2020 though.

Up here with CTV>TSN: (Canadian ESPN affiliate) nothing got cutoff which was pretty cool. Amazing opening and closing ceremonies. Brits know how to put on a show and celebrate. Much better than Beijing's. Although Beijing's fireworks display seriously kicked.

Back
Top Bottom