• We would like to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.

Wish Old school sound of Swedish metal.

zombieritual

Inspired
yeah it would still be nice though to have it as a pedal though so we could tone match it to something else or blend it in with another amp in the same preset

nick1527

Inspired
Chef what amp did you pair your tonematch with? I have to admit i've had limited success with your patch. I found that it does sound like plugging into the pedal on its own but as soon as you introduce and amp+cab it either doesnt sound enough like an HM2 or it just turns into feedback mush.

jsl2h

Experienced
Chef what amp did you pair your tonematch with? I have to admit i've had limited success with your patch. I found that it does sound like plugging into the pedal on its own but as soon as you introduce and amp+cab it either doesnt sound enough like an HM2 or it just turns into feedback mush.
Axe-Change - Download Preset - HM-2 Emulator - by jsl2h
Try this, scene 2. I a/b'd to the real thing, sounds 90+% there to my ears and I'm pretty picky about this pedal. I actually sold my HM-2 after I made this patch. The key is to set up a drive block with the clip type set to "FW Rect" in front of an amp and cab of your choosing, although I would recommend the badass factory #62 V30 cab.

zombieritual

Inspired
yeah i'd still really love to have this pedal, without having to sacrifice an amp block so i'd be able to blend the hm2+amp with another amp for supreme death metal tones

crg123

Experienced
**See next post. This clip only kept to show progress**

I finally picked up an HM-2 the other day to try and clone it. I've made a few patches in the past but couldn't really get as close as I'd like. Here's my first take. Please excuse the rough playing, its just a mono unprocessed guitar:

Last edited:

crg123

Experienced
Ok Take 2. Big improvement. Still a mono unprocessed guitar for the sound, but I figured out my low volume/ compression issue. I was exporting the files as 44.1 instead of 48.

Also new patch: http://axechange.fractalaudio.com/detail.php?preset=6410

I deleted the old one, this is much better but the tone match is after the amp.

Note: Scene 1 was pedal comparison. You're going to want to switch to Scene 2.

Let me know what you think. I'm working away trying to get this thing as accurate as I can.

My set up is just an RG7421 with Painkillers > Axe FX XL > KRK VXT8s

If you want more or less "Buzzsaw" Adjust the 1K range. If you want more or less thump adjust the 100hz range

Last edited:
Top Bottom