• We would like to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.

Wish Old school sound of Swedish metal.

theo

Veteran
You guys listen to Theo, he knows his shit!!!:encouragement:
You guys listen to Swedish Chef! He knows his shit! ;)

The pedal was put in the mail yesterday. I should have it in another 2 or so days.
I'll make lots of different clips, dry, with cab, in front of amp etc.

Happy to do tone matching, but the tone isn't where the beauty lies in this pedal, it's the crazy type of crossover distortion it creates.

da771

Inspired
It would be good to read it all Cliff, he probably has no time for this pedal.
It is a pity, because the brightest representative BOSS HM2 distortion pedals.
I think that maybe architecture AxeFX II can not properly reproduce this pedal.

theo

Veteran
I'm certain the axe fx 2 has the processing capability to reproduce this pedal. It's just a matter of priority for the development team.
They're also working on all the new hardware that is to be released 'soon'.

I remember a while ago cliff stated that he had lots of new developments including formant shifting.

zenaxe

Fractal Fanatic
I'm certain the axe fx 2 has the processing capability to reproduce this pedal. It's just a matter of priority for the development team.

I remember a while ago cliff stated that he had lots of new developments including formant shifting.
+1. Some weird SS pedal is probably not a high priority item. Even though this thread is long, the list of people really dying for this thing is very small I'm sure... mostly the same folks being persistent. FWIW, I have a Boss OD-20 which is a digital distortion modeler (in a box somewhere, LOL). It emulates the HM-2. My understanding is that the HM-2 emulation is quite solid. So, if that relic could do it, the Axe easily can. Maybe I should dig that thing out and play around with it.

jsl2h

Veteran
Someone offered it to him physically at Axefest but Cliff refused and I think Cliff said he'll get his own pedal and make the model.
Yes, that was me! Haha

Still here. Waiting.
I feel your pain man. Especially since Cliff told me personally that he would model it, so I still have faith that eventually he will. There aren't a lot of us that are dying to have this pedal, but for anyone who is feel free to comment on the recent thread I started in the discussion section:
http://forum.fractalaudio.com/axe-fx-ii-discussion/89569-sorry-bother-you-cliff-quick-question.html#post1080044

Last edited:

Swedish Chef

Forum Addict

jsl2h

Veteran
Anyone know how to get this thread moved back to the discussion forum? Someone very carelessly moved it to "MFC wishlist" where it is literally the only thread in that section. Not only that but I don't see any section of the forum called "MFC-wishlist", there is an "MFC wishes+bugs" but no "MFC wishlist". It's almost like a hidden page, i can only access it by clicking the link at the top of my thread. Now I just feel like someone is trying to sweep this topic under the rug...

http://forum.fractalaudio.com/mfc-wish-list/89569-sorry-bother-you-cliff-quick-question.html#post1088303

Dutch

Fractal Fanatic
Anyone know how to get this thread moved back to the discussion forum? Someone very carelessly moved it to "MFC wishlist" where it is literally the only thread in that section. Not only that but I don't see any section of the forum called "MFC-wishlist", there is an "MFC wishes+bugs" but no "MFC wishlist". It's almost like a hidden page, i can only access it by clicking the link at the top of my thread. Now I just feel like someone is trying to sweep this topic under the rug...

http://forum.fractalaudio.com/mfc-wish-list/89569-sorry-bother-you-cliff-quick-question.html#post1088303
Haven't you guessed yet? It's a conspiracy!

da771

Inspired
My thoughts are as follows: it is time to simulate the pedal, then all thank Cliff, and close this topic that lasts an incredibly long time.

Gamechanger

Inspired

+1 And the Formant.

da771

Inspired
I thought so too, most likely Cliff tried to make this pedal, but there were great difficulties in accurately modeling and Cliff left the matter for later. It is a pity that Cliff is silent. Any information on this topic would be very interesting. Am I right?

Top Bottom