• We would like to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.

Old School Classic Rock - Beatles , Hendrix , Zeppelin , Cream , AC/DC

Boston-Mike-FM9

Hello all,

So far the FM9 has been great, not sure how anyone else feels about this but-
I think it is much harder to try to duplicate the old school classic rock raw amp in the room tones than it is to duplicate the modern rock.

I am working on creating new presets for Beatles, Zeppelin and more.. and learning as I go.
Seeing I am new here, I can not share till I reach my 10 post per forum rules.

If anyone has anything that may help me, Celestion G12M Pre-Rola 25w cab ir's , Vox AC50 or AC100 captures, please feel free to msg me.

Thanks- Mike

FiddlerTheDrum

Inspired
Whole Lotta factory preset will get you going on Zep!

I’ve been having good experiences starting with a factory pre and then customizing to taste depending on how I want my scene to be. They make great building blocks and plenty are just grab and go

JasonE

Inspired
Hello all,

So far the FM9 has been great, not sure how anyone else feels about this but-
I think it is much harder to try to duplicate the old school classic rock raw amp in the room tones than it is to duplicate the modern rock.

I am working on creating new presets for Beatles, Zeppelin and more.. and learning as I go.
Seeing I am new here, I can not share till I reach my 10 post per forum rules.

If anyone has anything that may help me, Celestion G12M Pre-Rola 25w cab ir's , Vox AC50 or AC100 captures, please feel free to msg me.

Thanks- Mike

I would agree that it is much easier to get a high gain tone from the FM9 than the classic rock tones. The amp models seem to have a lot of gain on hand to use. I have a Friedman Twin Sister amp so I am familiar with the actual amp circuit that the Dirty Shirley models are built to duplicate. I found that they have much more gain than what I ever run my real amp at. I turned the gain on these amp models down to 1.5 to 2.0 and that is where I started finding more of the tones I was looking for. If you are not familiar with the Dirty Shirley or the Twin Sister amps they are a modified JTM45 40 watt circuit.

I used the combination of a creamback and greenback speakers in the cabinet section.

Another piece of advice I would give is that if you are planning on using your presets live, hook up to a mixer and PA speakers to tweak your tones. You want to get them up to the volume that you will be using them at live. There will be a difference in sound between tweaking them at volume and at a lower volume.

Keep reporting back on how you are doing. I am a clean/low gain/medium gain player. It sounds like we are in a similar range. I am always up for sharing information on getting the most out of these units.

Top Bottom