Old rack gear : sell it, keep it, trash it ?

Something is better than nothing if you have the time to deal with shipping it or meeting to complete the purchase. I had an old, beat up wah pedal that didn't work. Was just going to chuck it in the garbage but my wife suggested listing it for auction. After all was said and done, we ended up with an extra $20.

That said, there is another school of thought I use from time to time as well that if I feel the item has provided me with enough use to cover its original cost, it can simply be tossed. Sometimes your time is more valuable than the monetary return of selling, it's up to you what your time is worth..

Same boat here. I have rack audio interfaces from Digidesign's original Pro Tools, their ADAT interface, ADATs, as well as a dozen or so rack units from the 90's that won't fetch anything on eBay or Reverb. I can't bring myself to throw them away, but I don't know what else to do with them.
I’ve got some old ADAT tapes but no machine. Lol

I’ve got a lot of gear too, but have given a lot away to new kids starting out. I’m like you... just can’t bring myself to toss working gear.

The Intellifex and Hush might actually do OK?
Its been a few years but I got a decent return on my old Intelifex blackface and Rocktron 'guitar silencer' (specialized 2 channel rack hush) and Chameleon(that thing was absolute junk)

Of course, with AxeFX standards and Ultras going for <$600 i dunno why anyone would buy them now. so i dunno.

Back
Top Bottom