Ola Englund Fractal Audio FM3 - Using it Live - METAL

For my taste this thing of using an eq and compressor as a "clean amp" is quite a heavy compromise! I know it can be done, but honestly it cannot work, at least for me. If it does for him, all good, but still.

And has he really just discovered auto engage?? Seriously? Who will tell him that by using the expression pedal you can also e.g. activate a delay? I do this for one song and it's really handy.

Last edited:
Nice. In my opinion, he manages the difficult balance being informative and entertaining. And of course I am happy that he thinks the FM3 is "kickass." We've worked very hard to make it worthy of the touring pro. I'll also let him know about stand in switches ;-)

Last edited:
His past obnoxiousness seems to have evolved into self effacing good humor since using the latest FAS gear............! The FM3 ...Truly a panacea for the pandemic era.

His past obnoxiousness seems to have evolved into self effacing good humor since using the latest FAS gear............! The FM3 ...Truly a panacea for the pandemic era.

I can't tell if this is a joke or not. Obnoxious is probably the last term I'd use to describe Ola, he's one of the very few youtubers I enjoy specifically because of that.

The burp cracked me up.

You should watch a few of his other videos, burping is a standard feature. Very self-deprecating and a major goofball. It's been cool to see his channel/business grow from a guy doing amp demos to owning a rather successful guitar company.

I know it's not breaking new ground, but it's very interesting that he used a compressor and graphic EQ for a seamless clean tone with the 5153 50w Blue (one of my favorites at the moment). I'll have to try that again. Would love to have seen his settings here.

I know it's not breaking new ground, but it's very interesting that he used a compressor and graphic EQ for a seamless clean tone with the 5153 50w Blue (one of my favorites at the moment). I'll have to try that again. Would love to have seen his settings here.

I believe he put up links to the patches in the video description.

i think his clean sounds good that way. It was also be dead easy to have a clean amp on the b channel and switch via scenes. No need to compromise unless you are satisfied with the tone. Also very common in the studio, especially in the 80’s to plug right into the board going ampless for cleans.

One person that would be cool to see have a go on the FM3 that is pretty popular is Rebea IMO he may not be everyones cup of tea but he has a strong following

Rabea is awesome. I'd love to see his take on the FM3

he gets great sounds for sure to be honest getting him an FM3 would be a solid move considering that he is A pretty Big supporter of a few other brands plug ins
and FM3 review on his channel in August would be well timed IMO

Back
Top Bottom