Ola Englund Axe Fx 2 Firmware 10 - Metal Preset Pack!!!

Im not much of a metal player but if I was, Ola's tone is the tone I would try to copy or base my tones off of. His Chugs are legendary...even in hell!!!!

I have never had someone else's(even the pros like Bulb) preset translate well in my rig. It's making me question if I know good tone or not.

That's another name drop that I don't understand. Bulb is amazing at what he does with the djent thing.. The first Periphery album is still one of my favorite albums of all times.

Why do people think he makes good tones? If my information is correct he doesn't make the patches for the albums. Nolly made the tone for PII and he's been sharing his patches for years... no one is hyping him although even Bulb chooses Nolly's patches over his own. Sure Bulb has expensive gear but don't we all? And I mean this with huge respect to the whole P gang! <3

So how did you like the presets ? I loaded them up quick n easy with fractal bot - the Thordendal patch sounds great for that amp ( brutal ) but the recto patches did not work for me at all , dead in the middle dead up top yuck , perhaps its becasue I dont have a 7 - 8 string ? active pickups ? The guitar I used is a Carvin st300 decent powerful p'ups for non active . Anyhow I'm going to disect the patches to learn how its done and also try to tweak so they work with my gear .
They were ok, these artist presets never sound like they do in the videos for me. Theyre good if i tweak them for my gear, but still they dont sound as raw as they do when ola demos them.

+1 Vogg
I revisited the Ola Thordendal patch and it sounds way too thin :shock
what do I have to do to give this thing some oomph . It seems like the
core brutality is in there somewhere trying to get out , but something is
holding it back a filter ? an EQ perhaps .
What have some of you done to get a good sound out of this model ?

I have never had someone else's(even the pros like Bulb) preset translate well in my rig. It's making me question if I know good tone or not.

Nothing to do with wether you know good tone or not. Its down to your guitar and you. 1 in about 100 hi-gain presets from other players will sound ok with my guitars.

I dialed in a really tight hi-gain preset for my Mahagony Ibanez with Bareknuckle Miracle Mans and when I tried it with my Basswood Ibanez with Blaze Customs it sounded awful and muddy, almost like I had the cab sim turned off and depth up full. I've always had to dial in seperate presets for each guitar since I'm using different pickups and electronics in each one. So when another player with a different guitar and different playing style creates a patch suited for him it makes sense why it wouldn't translate well to your rig.

+1 Vogg
I revisited the Ola Thordendal patch and it sounds way too thin :shock
what do I have to do to give this thing some oomph . It seems like the
core brutality is in there somewhere trying to get out , but something is
holding it back a filter ? an EQ perhaps .
What have some of you done to get a good sound out of this model ?

Play it in a mix with a BASS....

Play it in a mix with a BASS....

I was going to say the same thing. Meshuggahs guitars in general have very little low end on purpose do to the incredibly low tuning. The bass player plays in the same octave as they do and they use him to fill up the low end. That being said, I would start with swapping out/augmenting IRs if you feel like you are way off. If you are in the ball park then try messing with the thunk feature or just eqing in a little more lows by ear.

^^^^^ I figured that was the case for the lack of low end definition .
Plus Ola's preset was probably designed on a 7 string and the presets are never gonna sound like his " samples" because these are recorded with Bass , double tracked etc.
I am going to try to re tweak it this evening .

Oh, I tried the presets in a mix. Like I said, it just didn't translate well on my gear. It was terrifyingly bad. Horrifyingly bad. Like zombies on crack bad.

thats exactly it " Zombies on crack " if Zombies on Crack made sounds that is what they'd sound like - the presets dont need tweaking just renaming .

Everything in the demo sounded good. If any of those tones you want. The PVH6 II seems most of the way to the main tone. That metal bits being compacted, 'churchy', sound.

This is why I changed all my PRS guitars back to their stock HFS/Vintage Bass pickups. I can't stand having to create new patches for every different guitar/pickup etc. makes all my patches sound consistent no matter which guitar I pick.

I can honestly say that FW11 has brought my PRS to life. It's just incredible.

Ola is too brutal for me. I like him and what he does but IMO too much brutality ends up sounding unprofessional although he is pro... cheers if you're reading Ola. Love you man!

lol I love Ola's work but this album came out nearly 20 years ago and I still haven't heard anything sounding as heavy as this ....so many 7's and especially 8 strings have that horrible 'spongy' sound

Fear Factory - Demanufacture [FULL ALBUM] - YouTube

Back
Top Bottom