Okko Diablo Pedal?

Lkdog

Power User
Curious if there is one that is similar to this. I have started to try some of the drive pedals in the AXE and this is one I do like from the work of Greg Hilden.

Plenty of others for me to play with so no worries either way.
Love the BB Pre.

Last edited:
I read they all sounded different thats not uncommon..everything matters what guitar what amp what pedal whos playing what mic mic pres were used ect all of it matters then if the pedals are highly NOT consistent tone wise then your
looking at needle in haystack.

Thanks guys.
Interesting that Hilden makes great use of this, but a lot of folks the more I read have issues.

I suppose it's in his fingers - he would make any pedal sound awesome. ;)

Totally agree! When you listen to his videos he sounds very much the same across all the different guitars he plays (which is in the thousands). The guy has an awesome tone but its more his fingers than the pedal. I think the pedal works well for him to get his sound, but might not give someone else the same result.

TBH, I feel like I can get closer to his tone just by playing through a clean amp on the AFX and setting the gain to right before breakup.

Totally agree! When you listen to his videos he sounds very much the same across all the different guitars he plays (which is in the thousands). The guy has an awesome tone but its more his fingers than the pedal. I think the pedal works well for him to get his sound, but might not give someone else the same result.

Yes and he uses string gauge 011 .....

Back
Top Bottom