Okay, so how are these lead tones at all similar?

Status
Not open for further replies.
They aren't.

Because: Different pickups, different tone woods in the guitar, different fret wire size, different fret wire material, different strings, age of strings, different fingers playing, etc.

Basically everything that makes playing guitar so awesome and why I'll never sound like JP, EJ, Hendrix, SRV...and the list goes on and on...:mrgreen

Are they supposed to be the same?

Anyway, i've never been able to use a downloaded patch directly. Allways have to tweak to fit me, or swith ir or something.
Usually end up using it fx wise, not amp/ir wise. Like making my own stuff.

Are they supposed to be the same?

Anyway, i've never been able to use a downloaded patch directly. Allways have to tweak to fit me, or swith ir or something.
Usually end up using it fx wise, not amp/ir wise. Like making my own stuff.

When I first exclaimed about Stel's tone, there, people mentioned 'oh, Lynch tone'. So I'm kind of throwing it in their faces - but also with an educational bent.

I'm ignoring Ron's comment, as I will all such similar comments. In essence, I'm calling bullshit.

When I first exclaimed about Stel's tone, there, people mentioned 'oh, Lynch tone'. So I'm kind of throwing it in their faces - but also with an educational bent.

I'm ignoring Ron's comment, as I will all such similar comments. In essence, I'm calling bullshit.

Aha. I haven't seen anything about this, so i did not understand what you meant with title. Sorry man.

I'm calling bullshit on your bullshit.
Bullshit.jpg

i think they both sound "Lynchish" in some parts. A lot of it has to do with note articulation....the way a bend or vibrato is applied. I don't think either are Lynch tones as a whole.

and by ignoring his comments, you ignore factors that are at the heart of the matter. period. no two guitars sound just alike. no two amps/tones sound just alike. no two players sound just alike. I could pick up Mark or Stel's exact axe with the exact same patch and sound wildly different, because of how I play. it's just a fact and you can't get around it.

and by ignoring his comments, you ignore factors that are at the heart of the matter. period. no two guitars sound just alike. no two amps/tones sound just alike. no two players sound just alike. I could pick up Mark or Stel's exact axe with the exact same patch and sound wildly different, because of how I play. it's just a fact and you can't get around it.

Thank you!

[h=2]
Okay, so how are these lead tones at all similar?
[/h]
They are similar but not the same. I think they are similar because they are based on a fairly high gain setting, both guitars have humbuckers.

[h=2][/h]
They are similar but not the same. I think they are similar because they are based on a fairly high gain setting, both guitars have humbuckers.

Grossly categorically similar. Not aurally similar.

I can pick up my humbucker strat-style but not a Strat guitar, load a JTM-45 patch, strum a chord, and it will sound non-trivially like the tone of a strat single-coil. Because it's that amp and cab. The same has occurred with anyone's patch I've tried. I'm pretty sure it would apply to both tones above.

your arrogance,ignorance,and lack of knowledge now dictates any and all future posts by you.your welcome

Study that bullshit. It's not the complete picture, but there's truth in there that most guitarists with a few miles behind them will recognize immediately. You may not see it now, but with time and an ear to what's happening, you will.

Yeah, this. Sorry, but it really doesn't matter if you're using the same patch. Different guitar, different player, different monitors, different strings, different room, different pick, different pickups. If you don't think all that matters, well... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

You could in theory make two players sound alike exactly alike in tone, but the two patches are going have different settings to compensate for all the other differences. Almost like how a tone match curve works!

IMO, it is more about the artist, their inspiration, attitude, mojo, than it is about the tone. When I get inspired by guitar on a record or at a show its more about what the player is doing than what the gear is.

That is why things sound so different from person to person.

Check out this post. Where John Suhr talks about playing EVH's original Marshall head. When Eddie plays it in John's shop, it sounds like EVH, even without pedals. When John plays it, it sounds nothing like EVH, just a loud Marshall.

http://forum.fractalaudio.com/axe-f...inal-plexi-fas-brit-brown-amp.html#post995465

but also with an educational bent. ....I'm calling bullshit.

I fail to see how "calling bullshit" is in anyway educational for you or anyone else.

This is going to be one of those teach a pig to dance moments in life....it wastes everyone's time and irritates the pig.

Cheers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom