Okay just ordered the FM3, is there any reason to keep the Axe FX II?

If you don’t need to unload it; the II is still a superb guitar processor. Nothing can change that. A lot of the differences are overstated here in the Fractal forum (IMHO). I have a III a II and an FM3 OTW. The II is going to have a lot more routing and FX power than an FM3.

If you don’t need to unload it; the II is still a superb guitar processor. Nothing can change that. A lot of the differences are overstated here in the Fractal forum (IMHO). I have a III a II and an FM3 OTW. The II is going to have a lot more routing and FX power than an FM3.
In your opinion how significant are the differences in amp tones and feel between the FM3 and the II?
That's going to pretty much be the deciding factor for me at least. I realized awhile ago using the II that I very rarely used it other than for simple block chains.
For example, lately I've only been using one patch - the 100W Plexi stock patch with just Drive, Amp, Cab, Delay, and Reverb. I tend to favor pretty dry set-ups with minimal effects.
Of course every so often it's fun just to mess around with a bunch of different effects but I would say that represents about 5% of the use I get from the II. Otherwise it's pretty simple.

What I'm hoping for in the FM3 is an objective improvement in terms of tone and, even more importantly, feel.
Of course there's a chance I like it so much I'll decide to return the FM3 and get the FM9 or even the III but that seems unlikely.

Back
Top Bottom