Okay, guess this one

The problem with these comparisons, for me, is that I usually don't like the tone of the real amp to begin with. It generally lacks the qualities a great tube amp has, making it easier to 'match' the tone.

Cliff, how 'bout I record a clip of my Two-rock and you try to match it ? It's those subtle things like great dynamics (both in freq range and volume), depth, dimensional sound, and chewy response that modelers sometimes struggle with to replicate.

Not taking away anything from the axe-fx's capabilities of course, I'm considering buying one too.

I could hear differences in some of the previous clips (esp. the Blues Jr. clip posted before this) But THIS is it! Awesome!

The problem with these comparisons, for me, is that I usually don't like the tone of the real amp to begin with. It generally lacks the qualities a great tube amp has, making it easier to 'match' the tone.

Cliff, how 'bout I record a clip of my Two-rock and you try to match it ? It's those subtle things like great dynamics (both in freq range and volume), depth, dimensional sound, and chewy response that modelers sometimes struggle with to replicate.

Not taking away anything from the axe-fx's capabilities of course, I'm considering buying one too.

He is matching the amps not recordings here. You would need to loan him the amp.

The first clip seems to have a bit more gain. I actually liked the first part more! Awesome!
Pretty soon we're gonna HAVE to start a thread for Cliff ala Chuck Norris Facts :D

If you need to mic the amp for a tone match, does it matter where the amp is being recorded ? Or am I overlooking something ?

You can only match a recording so much since the stimulus is unknown. When matching an amp the same stimulus is applied to both the amp and the model. Since matching is a difference calculation, if you remove the difference in the stimulus and the result is much more accurate.

You can only match a recording so much since the stimulus is unknown. When matching an amp the same stimulus is applied to both the amp and the model. Since matching is a difference calculation, if you remove the difference in the stimulus and the result is much more accurate.

Does this mean you don't accept my Two-Rock challenge ? :D

(to be honest, I don't know what you mean by 'stimulus' in this context)

OK, I'll bite. Why not?

I did say "even if". And IF it already could replicate the sound of an amp 100%, Cliff wouldn't be working so hard to improve the Axe FX modeling.

The point of my post was that Cliff is totally dedicated to making the Axe the best it possibly can be, and that in itself is worthy of my money, not that the Axe FX can or can't replicate the exact sound of a tube amp 100%.

He can run the exact same test signal through the amp as he does the Axe. With a recording you have to kinda play the lick.

He need the amp to get it all right... TM is different. Thats only eq. Not all the x-factors of an amp. And he need the same guitar, cable, pick, fingers etc...... So send him your fingers ;)

I kind of like the first part of the clip a little more..is there a bit more gain on first part? it seems a bit warmer, but they're very close.

I agree. It sounded like the first part had more gain to it. I'd be happy with either, but the first part is definitely better.

The clip sounds pretty same but i can hear again lack of grain and gain second one feels weaker but reading Cliff's decription how he coded it and how much effort it takes actually prevents me from saying its not as original is actually damn close! Im affraid that soon we will run out the memory...

Back
Top Bottom