Ok, why did I wait so long?!

Velokki

Inspired
Just my second day on the Axe FX 3 MK2 Turbo.

I made a "Quantum Leap", from Axe 2 Quantum to the 17.01 on the new Turbo.

To summarize some of my thoughts - everything just sounds a lot better. It's really unbelievable. I thought nothing could sound better than the Axe 2, I kinda felt "it's as good as it gets", and everything on top would just complicate things. Turns out I was very wrong, since there is another dimension on the sound. It's a lot more "3D" is how I would explain it, and with the FullRes, I'm just laughing with my headphones on. I literally have whatever boutique amp I want in the same room, and it sounds SO darn good. I've played some great amps, but no amp has ever sounded so good than some of the amps here in the Axe 3. Especially the factory preset 30 "Wreckers" just totally blew my socks off!

Then the FX part of it - I never even thought I could want more from the effects than what I had in the Axe 2. But this is also greatly expanded here, everything sounds better.

Also things like the USB connectivity - I've always used the Axe as my interface since 2013. If I had music playing and I put my Axe FX 2 on, the music would freeze and would have to do a little trickery by disabling speakers and re-enabling them. That doesn't happen anymore! Axe Edit is a lot faster too.

Also, when turning the unit off, the "pop" it makes for the speakers is a lot less! It's just a slight sound, whereas the Axe 2 would kinda slightly explode the speakers, haha.

I feared change, jumping from the Axe 2 because I loved it so much. And I was really sceptical about all the hype threads, like "whooo this box is unbelievable", saying that the Axe 3 sounds so much better than the 2. I couldn't comprehend how it even could! But you know, I've really seen the light now and am also a believer. This thread is now essentially one of those threads, haha.

In conclusion - everything, literally everything here is better! If you have the financial means to go for it, and you are on the fence, I can wholeheartedly recommend taking the plunge. I swear I would never mislead you - this black box is worth every penny! I think it's even to the point of making amps totally useless for me. I'd just rather have the Axe 3.

The feeling in my gut is gratitude for the FAS team. It's just amazing what this product is and does. I can't even comprehend the amount of focus and quality of leadership that it has taken to get this product where it's at. Thank you Cliff and FAS!

The Wreckers preset was a standout to me as well. A twist of the guitar volume knob takes you from a lively clean tone to a smooth, sustaining OD. Congrats on the gear upgrade!

Well you had the Axe Fx 2 for a long enjoyable time and just wonder how long we'll have these Boxes going forward, nice write up btw..

Back
Top Bottom